"Uma," Harry said softly, "We're trying to fix us remember? And secrets would hurt the progress we've been making."

Uma sighed. She knew he was right. She inhaled and in one breath said, "Jake said that by saying I couldn't imagine life without you I was admitting that I could possibly be in love with you." Her face turned bright red. Although she changed the wording from being in love to possibly being in love, it still had the same affect.

Harry was silent for a moment before a huge smile crossed his face, "Are you saying you're in love with me?"

Uma's face got redder, "I'm saying that I don't know. Jake said that love isn't teachable and you would just know and the fact that I don't know is driving me crazy!" Uma crossed her arms and blew out a hard breath.

Harry's smile softened as he cradled Uma's face in his hands and leaned closer to her so they could only see each other. "Oooh Uma, you're adorable when you're confused." When Uma rolled her eyes but made no movement to put space between them, Harry said, "I can't imagine life without you too."

Uma lost a bit of her irritation and softly smiled at his statement. "But do you, Harry? Do you understand love?"

He didn't think it was possible, but his face softened even more, he placed a kiss on Uma's cheek before saying, "It's not something you understand, my darling," when he saw Uma begin to frown he said, "it's something you know." He inhaled and said, "I know."

Uma's heart jumped and she inhaled quickly. Did Harry just admit to loving her?

"How do you know?" Uma asked.

Harry opened his mouth but then he closed it. He removed his hands from her face and scratched the back of his head. He looked back at her and tilted his head, is she ready? Ready to know? "Are you sure you want to know?"

"Yes," she nodded.

He kept going, "Because when feelings got brought up we lost our flow. Love is another level of feelings and I really like where we are right now."

Uma thought about it. They had reached a good place. They were trying to fix them. But, she felt that if she wasn't told, she would lose it. "Yes."

Hardy searched her eyes and nodded, "Promise you won't run from me?"

"Why would I run?" Uma asked.

Harry simply said, "Do you really want me to list all the times you ran from me because of feelings?"

Uma thought about it and shook her head. She inhaled, looked directly at him, and said, "I promise."

Harry smiled and shook his head as fond and not so fond memories flashed through his head as he recalled what he had to do. "Words mean nothing, my sweet Uma Darling."

Uma fought a smile as the same memories flew through her head as she stuck out her hand and said, "Deal?"

Harry smiled and shook her hand, "Deal."

They both smiled at each before Harry inhaled a deep breath and got serious.

He stared directly into Uma's eyes as he said, "I know because you are my world. Everything is brighter when you're around. Dealing with everything is easier when you're around. I know because I look forward to seeing you everyday. I know because even when I'm mad at you, I would rather work it out than be without you."

Uma's heart raced as Harry kept describing things she couldn't help but relate to. The fact she could relate scared her, but it also created a different feeling that she knew she wasn't ready to figure out yet.

"But I mainly know because you're my anchor. My light in a sea of darkness. You are my heart, and there's nothing I wouldn't do for you."

Uma was speechless as she searched Harry's eyes. She knew he was saying nothing but the truth.

They both inhaled a shaky breath as the minutes went by of them just staring at each other.

Harry began to get nervous without Uma saying anything so he rambled, "So that's how I know. I know you just got a grasp on your feelings and I don't expect you to feel that way yet. But I feel that way and-"

Uma cut him off, "Harry." She smiled. She was scared, but this was Harry. Her Harry. She couldn't believe what she was about to say. But he deserved to know. "My feelings for you overwhelm me, they have always overwhelmed me." She smiles as she shook her head, "Thanks to you... I think I know why." She tapped the bottom of his chin with a smile and said, "I know you make me happy. I know you're my anchor. I know you make my days brighter. So I guess it's not one way."

Before he allowed his heart to melt from her words, he asked, "and... you're okay with that?"

"I'm terrified," Uma nervously laughed.

"Me too," Harry let out a small smile. "But I can't imagine a person I would rather have a hold my heart than you."

Uma copied his expression, "You're braver than me."

Harry's smile grew, "I wouldn't say I am. The fact you're even giving this a thought after what your mother told you and what my father said, makes you ten times braver than I am."

Uma smiled and admitted as her face turned red again, "It's because it's you, Harry Hook. If it was anyone else, I wouldn't have given it a thought. You have managed to get past all my defenses and I don't know whether to applaud you or hate you for it."

"I would rather you love me for it," Harry stated.

Uma laughed as she shook her head.

The lunch bell rang and they looked at each other before they gathered their stuff and walked towards the school.

"So what does this mean, Uma Darling?" Harry asked. He had to know if this changed anything.

"It means," Uma paused. What did it mean, she asked herself. "It means," she repeated. "that we really need to fix us before anything because we're in deeper than I thought we were." She looked at him as she said, "It means that we both have more to lose if things go wrong."

"It also means we have more to gain if it goes right," Harry added.

Uma and Harry stared at each other before they both said, "I'm terrified."

They smiled at each other.

Harry said, "But I'm hopeful"

Uma said, "But I believe in you."

Hellooooo... it's been a while right? Almost a full year since I've updated. But I got inspired but the newest descendants movie and decided to continue the story.

Hopefully I still remember my characters. Lol.

Oooh and I know there was a huge change in the descendants world but I won't include that in just yet since it doesn't follow my storyline.

Anyways, thanks for still reading!

-TheOnly