2 - LTWBD - Hide and Seek

Începe de la început

Slowly her chin dropped further to rest in her upper chest giving her a double chin most grownups detest but on her was the cutest. Analyzing each portrait intently, she whispered her thoughts again with no one to hear her conclusion.

"Whyyyyy you so angry daaaadddy?"

Captivated by her father's appearance she interpreted his sexy and seductive expressions as grumpy and mean. In some she even detected some sadness.

Hesitantly, Ana took a few steps in unconsciously dropping her Curious George plush to the floor and attempting to grab a hat.

It was large, downright heavy for her to tip off the mannequin display head. The rich burgundy velvet had a large brim and was smooth to the touch. Accented heavily with various colored feathers that tickled her nose when she stutter stepped backwards, losing her balance trying to support it. [Can you guess which hat this is?]

Thudding to the floor on her bottom that was no longer padded with a diaper she winced at the jarring movement. Quickly distracted with wanting to place it on her head, she did and found herself enveloped in a heap of darkness until its weight caused her to gasp and then topple over onto the enormous brim. Her laughter filled the room prior to her inspection of the hat.

Steadying herself, she crawled out from under it, dashed her hands to her face peeking through her fingers and noticing the bent brim sustained in her fall.

"Uuuuuhooooooh!"

Repetitively patting the brim it eventually rebounded to its former shape causing Ana to sigh in relief. She did not want a mad daddy.

Eyes drawn back to the attention of the full room, Ana was sucked into the maze of varying heights of pillars supporting a displayed hat. As she weaved in between the columns, she continued to view the parade of millinery.

Spotting something that struck her fancy, she toddled between the pedestals arriving at her next choice.

The form and structure is what drew her in. Beautifully and mysteriously sloped, the heavy, smooth felt's architecture was most intriguing. It reminded her of the pictures in her Alice in Wonderland book which she so loved to hear her father's mellifluous voice tender during their afternoon and bed storytimes.

Delicately, Ana's fingers brushed along the wide matte ribbon tightly tied into the perfect bow.

Squealing with delight, she flipped this more manageable hat onto her head and meandered the room dramatically reciting quotes from her favorite book.

"'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzzzzle!"

Perilously she recounted barely avoiding pillars as she continued.

“Curiouser and curiouser!” She howled loudly popping the hat with both hands off her head relishing in what seemed to be the most alluring hat of all.

She wanted to abandon the hat like a misfit toy of Christmas as Ana laid her eyes on her father's image wearing what she considered the ultimate head covering. It looked like you could cuddle with it.

It reminded her of one of her favorite…

A light rap on the door startled Ana as she turned to face her father in the doorway. Prince could see the image she was favoring.

After a hard swallow, her eyes met his expressionless face. A step backward and then another, Ana's nervousness caused her to release the sloped hat and Prince's eyes followed it to the floor.

"Ana...you know your mother is looking for you. You shouldn't be on your own."

Undoubtedly, she thought her father was angry. Having never seen him angry before she worried about what might happen.

Would he yell?

Should she prepare for a spanking?

Prince picked up her Curious George plush and took a step toward her.

Smart as a whip, Ana prayed that her cuteness would be her father's downfall.

Prince watched those long raven eyelashes pat the lowers and her pout quivering uncontrollably ready to cry.

"I guess this means I'm 'it' huh?" Tears flowing effortlessly down her cheeks.

Ana didn't know if his deadpan expression was regarding the game that she had forgotten or her playing with his hats and in a room she definitely shouldn't be in.

To be continued...

Is Prince mad? What else might little Ana discover in this room? Can't wait to share the rest of what my mind had conjured up in this snippet.

Good morning friends! I didn't want you to think I have forgotten you because I haven't!!! I have this chapter and one in 4EVER and When She Comes halfway drafted and I wanted to give you a little something until I got them finished. Thanks for your patience and sticking with me. I hope you enjoyed peeking in on Prince and Allie...more to come in this little story snippet. 💜💋 Isa