"She was the one who protected you"

Depuis le début

"Neither Asena nor I am choosing sides but I will not allow you to hurt either one of our sisters" Elijah says scowling at his younger brother, my twin.

"We cannot leave this cemetery Elijah and my quarrel is with Rebekah at this moment. I would not hurt my own twin but how long do you think you can protect our sister from me?" He asks menacingly before flashing away.

Elijah and I flash in different directions, stopping Niklaus on both ends which he planned to escape.

His eyes zero in on ky hahd which was reaching into my jacket pocket. My fingers clasp around the cold metal. Taking it out Niklaus's eyes narrow on it.

"What's that?" He asks pointing his stake at my dagger.

"You have the white oak stake, Elijah the torture knife and I have Thalia's dagger which was made from silver which drenched in wolfsbain mixed with vervain for over 500 years, just for self defense" I say and my hand tightens around the shaft.

"As long as it takes, Asena and I will protect our sister"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Davina's POV

I woke up a few hours ago but I haven't moved from the bed in the attic where I woke up. Staring out in front of me my mind starts to wonder.

Where's Marcel?
Who else is alive?
Where is Asena?

I don't turn my head to the door as I hear it creaks as it opens. I know it's Marcel. At least one question is answered.

"Hey D, how you feeling?" His voice rings through the empty room. He sounds kind of happy which confuses me.

I hear him place something on the nearby table but I still don't look at him. I don't look away from the wall.

"I got you some stuff, organic soap, scented candles and some ensance" he stops talking and I know he's looking at me.

"Just trying to help you feel back to- you know, yourself" I pull my knees to chest and wrap my arms around my legs.

Silence fills the room as Marcel stares at me.

"Word on the street is that the witches are celebrating" I look up at him, tears in my eyes threatening to spill bit he doesn't seen to notice. "Three out of the four girls sacrificed in the harvast have resurrected" I continue to stare up at him.

"First was your friend, Monique then you and now the other one" I move my gaze from him and look down at the dusty bedspread. "What I hear is the others are saying that ancestors were with them while they were dead" my breath gets caught in my throat as he talks about that. "Talking to them teaching them, they say their stronger than ever, was it like that for you?"

A tear slips down my cheek as I remember what it was like. Cold but I wasn't alone. I merely shake my head.

"There was nothing. It was cold, empty and dark and it went on forever" I say, talking for the first time since I woke up.

Marcel moves closer and sits down next to me. "I'm sorry D" I cut him off.

"I don't want to talk about it" I hiss at him but my voice doesn't sound threatening but broken. "Please Marcel, don't make me talk about it" I beg, looking at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asena's POV

I stand next to Elijah as we watch our brother. We have been in here for what feels like years but in reality has only been a few hours. The first few hours of many.