Flashback

"Mom, I don't want to go."

I whined to my mom, she was trying to make me go to the prom tomorrow night and God knows that I hate dances and social places in general.

"Danielle Williams you are going whether you like it or not." She said turning around to face me.

"Mom I dont even have a dress."

I said putting my hand on my hip. She looked at me and smiled. Oh no what does she have planed?

"Are you sure?"

She said, next thing I knew I was being pushed up the stairs and into my bed room. On my bed was a box and a letter. I picked up the letter and opened it, inside it was a ticket to the prom. I smiled and began to read the letter.

To my dearest Danielle Williams;

I will be escorting you to the prom tomorrow night. In the box you will find a beatiful dress, I hope you like it because red really is your color. I will pick you up at 6:00 and not a second later, be ready my beauty.

Love, Mikey.

Xoxo

I smiled putting down the note and opening the box. I picked up the red dress and admired it. It was strapless, red and flowy and on the side of it was a beautiful silver design. I smiled before putting the dress back in the box, tomorrow couldnt come fast enough.

And it didn't, I did everything in sight that night to try and pass the time. I went on instagram, twitter and facebook. Played with some makeup. Did my nails, watched TV and when all else failed I scrolled the one thousand or so pictures I had in my phone. Lets just say that by the time 4:00 the next day came, I jumped for joy and started to get ready.

I looked at the clock and just as it struck 4:00 I smiled and grabbed my towel and washcloth that was already laying at the doorway of the bathroom. I connected my phone to the speakers and blasted Fall Out Boy. I stripped out of my clothes and turned on the hot water. I scraped all the dirt from my skin and washed my hair with my green apple shampoo I only use for special events.

I got out the shower and wrapped my body in a towel. I dried my hair with a towel and then dried my body. I walked out into my room and put on my black lace bra and underwear. I looked in the mirror I wasn't big but I wasn't skinny I was in-between. I walked away from the mirror and over to my phone it was 4:46 wow had I really spent that much time in the bathroom I better start getting ready.

I walked back into my bathroom and turned on the curling iron. I started to curl my hair my speakers still blasting a random playlist. After I was done curling every inch of my hair I grabbed my hair bag and took out my bobby pins. I started to pin my hair up, and when I was done I looked in the mirror and for the first time was actually satisfied with my hair. I smiled to myself and looked at the clock. 5:15, my mom should be home from work in thirty minutes and Mikey should be here in 45 minutes. I grabbed ,my make up bag and looked inside. I pulled out the eye shadow pallet my cousin got me for my birthday and looked inside after about 5 minutes of thinking I decided on going with a sparkly brown color, some eye liner, mascara anad concelar. I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face before applying the concealer all over my un-even face.

I started with the eye shadow then moved to my eye liner and mascara.  I set my make up down and looked at myself in the mirror. There was a completely different person, I smiled at my reflection before walking out into my room. I heard the door open down stairs and my mom walk in, I walked over to my jewlrey box and pulled out all of the nice jewlrey I owned.