Chapter 3: I Don't Like Him

Start from the beginning

"Me?"

"Yeah, I guess I just don't understand why you like me so much."

"Well for one, you're adorable."

"W-what do you mean?" Adam sputtered.

"Do I really have to spell it out for you?" Beetlejuice laughed. "You're literally the most precious thing. Your stuttering, your face, your glasses, your hair, just everything about you."

"So you also find me cute?" Adam said, working hard to keep his blush from getting too visible.

"Well duh," the demon grinned, "who wouldn't?"

"A lot of people I bet," he replied.

"Well fuck them," Beetlejuice replied simply and Adam rolled his eyes, but he was holding back a small smile.

"Well- Um- Y-you're not horrible looking either," he muttered quietly but he saw Beetlejuice grin.

"Did Adam Maitland just compliment me?" He said cheekily.

"D-don't let it go to your head!" Adam answered. Crap, what did he just say? How was he going to take something like that back?

"Too bad, already has." Beetlejuice stared straight at Adam, placing his hands on his hips. "Damn, I want to kiss you so bad."

Adam flushed, "I uh, I have to use the restroom."

"Sure you do," the other man winked, "call me when you need me. And don't take too long. I'll come back no matter what." The image of Beetlejuice in the mirror disappeared in the blink of an eye.

Adam used the restroom quickly, washed his hands, and then made his way down from the attic and to the living room. He poked his head down from the stairs and smiled when he saw Barbara and Delia watching tv together.

"Hey," he smiled at them and they turned to face him.

"Hey sleepyhead!" Barbara said in greeting.

"Good morning!" Delia added.

"Sorry for sleeping in," he apologized, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Don't apologize!" Barbara told him with a laugh.

"Yes! The universe was pleased!" Delia said in her usual happy-go-lucky way.

"Yeah, does everyone want breakfast?" He asked curiously. An anonymous "yes" came from everyone in the house. "Alrighty then! Pancakes?"

"Mmm, yes please!" Lydia hummed, stepping into the living room, followed by Charles. "But first, we have something to tell Delia and my dad. Right Adam?"

Adam nodded as Charles leaned against the couch, "what is it?" Both Lydia and Barbara were staring straight at him, lips clamped. He sighed nervously.

"Um, w-well, Beetlejuice is back," he said and before anyone could react the demon's voice appeared in his ear.

"Yo," he yawned, "oh, are we telling orgy lady and Charles?" Adam bit his lip to keep a smile off his face.

"What?!" Charles gasped, looking everywhere for the evil man, "where is he?"

"Well, only I can hear him. And I think he can hear and see things through me." Adam explained. "And I can see him in the mirror."

"I knew it! I knew he was going to come back! My crystals told me!" Delia cheered and then cleared her throat, "um, anyway, what does he want?"