one.

"You're late."
"I'm sorry-"
"Again."

Lucas huffed, staring at the two teenagers who had arrived at Starcourt. Mike hopped off his bike, helping Sophia chain hers up. "Sorry guys, I got sidetracked." Sophia started, wiping the sweat off her face with her sleeve as she made sure nothing on her bike was damaged.

"We're gonna miss the opening!" Will complained. Mike rolled his eyes. "Yeah, if you guys keep whining about it!" he huffed, making sure Sophia was all situated. "If you guys keep whining about it, nyeh nyeh nyeh!" Lucas mocked. Mike shoved him slightly. "Just please stop talking dude." Sophia followed beside Mike as they all started to walk in the mall.

"Where were you guys anyways?" Will asked. "We helped my mom pack since she has to go on her business trip, remember?" Sophia replied, and Lucas groaned. "Why did it take so long? It's just clothes!" "My mom is gonna be gone for like, two weeks! Shut up!" She hissed. "Come on, let's just hurry up and make it!"

They all rushed down the escalator, bumping and sliding past people as they all threw a quick apology to them them. Mike ended up bumping into a girl walking past, who gave him a dirty look. "Watch it!" she hissed. "Sorry," Mike said, and Sophia glared at the girl. "Fuck off!" She snapped and flipped her off, then pulling Mike's arm as they'd walk slightly faster.

They all hurried past Erica Sinclair, Lucas' sister, who was eating ice cream with her friends. "Yeah, watch it nerd!" She said obnoxiously. Lucas glared at his sister. "Isn't it past your bedtime?" "Isn't it time you died?" Her friends started to laugh at Erica's comeback, as if it was the funniest thing she's ever said.

"Psycho!"

"Butthead!"

"Mallrat!"

"Fartface!"

Lucas blew a raspberry, causing Max to grab his arm and yank him towards her. "Oh now that was mature," she growled as they shuffled their way inside Scoops Ahoy.

As they walked in, Mike started to ring the bell. Robin Buckley, who was already irritated before the kids showed up. stared at Mike. "Hey dingus, your children are here!" She called out. The back window opened, revealing an annoyed Steve Harrington. "Again? Seriously?" Mike rang the bell one last time, making Sophia chuckle. Steve sighed in frustration as he brought them out into the back, rushing for them to hurry up into the hall. "I swear, if anybody hears about this-" "We're dead!" The group cut Steve off, almost as if this was a phrase they had heard consistently and constantly every single day.

They hurried to the end of the hall, with Mike sticking his head out of the door. "All clear," he stated as they all walked out and into the movie theater. Sophia took a glance at the 'Day of the Dead' poster before she followed behind Mike. they all squeezed their way through, with Sophia, Mike, And Will sitting on one row and Lucas and Max sitting on the next. "See Lucas? We made it." Mike smiled. Lucas was defeated, but didn't want to look like it. "We missed the previews." he complained. "We still made it. Fartface." Max teased. Mike then pulled out everyone's snacks, handing them to everyone as the movie started.

It was only a few minutes in before the projector malfunctioned and the entire room fell dark. Everyone yelled in frustration, and Sophia swore under her breath. They waited for another few minutes as the movie was then turned back on and everyone cheered. Sophia put her focus on the movie for a minute before she turned to Mike, who seemed to be talking to Will. The younger one looked panicked- his eyes filled with fear. Sophia looked at Will and gave him a reassuring smile, in which he hesitantly gave back. They then put their full focus on the movie, not taking their eyes off of it til the end.