Chapter 4 - Training begins

Start from the beginning

"That's great, everyone. You all look cool!" All Might made Hoku zone back into the activity at hand. "Now, shall we begin, you zygotes?"

"Kosiru!" Hoku jumped, squeaking when pink arms suddenly surrounded his middle and squeezed him. "You look so cool!"

"Mina," Kirishima chuckled, looking at the already familiar sight with obvious amusement. "You're crushing him again."

"Sorry!" Mina giggled, putting the boy down after one last squeeze. "It's just that I didn't expect you to go all black!"

Tapping his index fingers together lightly repetitively showed as a nervous habit before Hoku responded. "T-There's n-not m-m-much t-to my q-quirk... G-G-Going s-simple i-is easier..."

Clearing his throat, All Might started the lesson, "Now, it's time for combat training!"

"Sir!" A suit of armor raised its hand, housing the voice of the boy who called the greenette out during the exams. "This is a battle center from the entrance exam, so will we be conducting urban battles again?"

"No, we're going to be moving ahead two steps!" Indicating the number, the teacher continued his lesson. "Most of the time, fighting villains takes place outside, but if you look at the total numbers, atrocious villains appear indoors at a higher rate. Imprisonment, house arrest, backroom deals-- In this society filled with heroes, truly intelligent villains hide in the shadows! For this class, you'll be split into villains and heroes, and fight 2-on-2 indoor battles."

A girl with green hair clarified something, tilting her head meanwhile, "Without basic training?"

All Might continued his lesson without any slowing, "This is a real battle to understand those basics! However, the key this time is that there's no robot you can just beat up," Hoku bit his lip in thought, trying to determine how to not hurt his classmates beforehand.

"How will wins and losses be determined?"

"Can we beat them up anyway?"

"Will the punishment be expulsion like Mr.Aizawa?"

"How shall we be split up?"

"Isn't this cape crazy?"

"I'll answer all of your questions!" The teacher raised his voice a little to be heard over his curious students. "Now listen here..." He suddenly took out a script, although it was obviously too small for his giant hands. "The situation is that the villains have hidden a nuclear weapon somewhere in their hideout. The heroes are trying to dispose of that. The heroes need to catch the villains or get the nuclear weapon back in the allotted time. The villains need to protect the nuclear weapon for the whole time or catch the heroes."

"The situation feels very American!"

Ignoring the fourth or so interruption, All Might held up a box that said 'Lots' on it, "Teams and opponents will be determined by drawing lots!"

"They're being decided so haphazardly?" The suit of armor started again.

The greenette from day one explained before the pro had a chance to, "Pros often have to create makeshift teams with heroes from other agencies, so maybe that's why?"

"I see. The discernment to look ahead... Please excuse my rudeness!" He bowed at a perfect 90-degree angle, making Hoku worry a little for his spine.

"It's fine! Let's do this quickly!"

Grabbing his slip of paper, Hoku glanced around to see if he could spot the letter 'D' on anyone else's lot. Spying it quite easily, the helmeted brunette jogged over to the suit of armor. "Hmm?" The other turned, reacting to the tap on the shoulder he got. "Are you on team D?" Nodding, Hoku showed the other his slip of paper. "I suppose we will be on the same team! My name is Iida Tenya, what is yours?"