"Woah," I mumbled, and Austin laughed behind me.

"Pretty cool, right?" he chuckled, and I nodded slowly.

"Awesome," I mumbled. All I wanted was to dip my toes in the water.

"Stay here," he requested. "I'll be back in a minute." Dashing away, Austin left me to my own devices. The darkness daunted my courage, sounds of birds and crickets echoing in my ears. I sat down, knees tucked to my chest, and stared into the surface of the water. The pond was pretty big, but I had no idea how deep it was. My curious mind toyed with the idea, delving far under the water and into the soft, brown sand.

Moments later, I heard grass crunching, and the familiar sound of an engine. Austin's car pulled up along the path, making itself a little home off to the edge of the pond. He grinned at me from within the vehicle, leaving it on and slipping out.

"Why did you bring the car?" I whisper yelled. Harsh noises, I felt, would plunder the serenity of his moonlit lake. Austin, apparently, didn't agree.

"Music!" he shouted, chuckling loudly. Then, fluidly, he flicked on the sound system, and music was playing.
Everything really pulled together, as cliché as it sounds. My heart swelled a little as he walked towards me.

"Fancy a swim?" he offered, kissing the back of my hand regally. The grin grew across my cheeks, and I just stared at him. Shrugging, he walked toward the lake, sliding the shirt from his body and dropping it on the sand. I stared as his shorts came off next, and, only in his boxers, he walked straight into the water.

"Alan!" he called, splashing around, and my heart began to beat at the sight of his moon drenched form.

"Is it cold?" I asked timidly, and he shook his head.

"Nope! Come on, baby, get in here," he whimpered almost, smiling invitingly at me. Almost subconsciously, I started pulled my pants off, and he watched me, less than hesitant.

My cheeks heated in the night as he called out, "Strip for me!"

Ignoring him, I haphazardly removed everything but my boxers and stepped into the black water. It wasn't cold, surprisingly, and my body reeled a little from the warmth. Seeping in up to my waist, Austin met me in the middle and grabbed my hips, forcing a squeal from my mouth as he dragged me deeper. Our skin made heated contact in the water, and I stared up into his eyes as he dragged me in about halfway up my stomach.
Supple, wet sand underfoot was relaxing and smooth on my body.

The song switched, and suddenly Austin broke out into a huge smile.

"This week the trend," he sang, "was to not wake up till 3 PM. I picked these few conscious hours that I chose to spend, and slept away the rest of them," I joined in, drifting away from him and floating around a little.

"This week the trend was to backstab every single one of my friends, and leave a voicemail message trying to make amends. All the while, hoping it would count in the end!"

We laughed loud and happy, our full, exuberant voices echoing up into the sky. Who knew feelings this good existed? For a while, we just listened to the music loudly, singing off-key and splashing each other.

"Marco!" Austin called out into the abyss, nearing the opposite edge of the lake from where I was. Snickering, I kept quiet, feeling sneaky and giddy.

"You have to say 'polo', Alan," he groaned for the 3rd time.

"I don't wanna!" I yelled, and he whipped around, rushing towards me. Silently, I slipped out of the way, making friends with the calm water and being sure to not slosh as to make any sort of noise.