A 180 Degree Turn [BoyXBoy] Chapter 5 PART 1

Začít od začátku

It appears that Dylan left Veronica because she isn’t the brightest crayon in the box. On the bright side (no pun intended), she’s the most orange. She honestly needs to lay off the spray tan. She looks like a walking pumpkin and it’s too early for Halloween.

Amanda scoffed at Veronica’s question. “Dylan can fend himself off. He’s a big boy. No pun intended.” Some of the people in class snickered.

Amanda continued, “And that’s also because Gabe over here has what most people call dignity.” Amanda said, putting emphasis on the word. “But even if he doesn’t, I’m pretty sure he won’t get pregnant with your boyfriend.” Amanda paused and smirked, “Oh, right. Your ex-boyfriend.”

Before a catfight broke off, Mrs. De la Cruz called off the girls and shooed me out of the room to look for Dylan. Smart woman.

Just before I left the room, I passed by Amanda and she gave me a sly and suggestive wink. And I left the room, flushed.

As I walked down the halls, I realized I didn’t know where to find Dylan. But the gods are kind to me today. Keith, Dylan’s best friend, appeared just around the corner and I nearly bumped into him.

Keith gave me a warm smile and greeted me. “What ya’ doin’ here, Gabriele?”

“Oh, uhm, I-I was wondering if you’ve, by any chance, happen to know where Dylan is?” This must be the longest conversation I’ve had with Keith since forever.

Keith nodded and directed me to the school’s west wing and to the first batch of stairs.

I followed Keith’s instructions and I stopped to stare at the ‘NO STUDENT’ zone. Why did Keith direct me here? It clearly says ‘Students are not allowed in this area’.

And I mentally slapped myself. Of course Dylan was here. The principal’s daughter gave him a spare key. No, I was not stalking. I just accidentally walked in during the time Jenny, the principal’s daughter, gave Dylan the key. It was a bad break-up. But apparently, it wasn’t the most dramatic of Dylan’s break-ups either.

Walking up the stairs to the ‘NO STUDENT’ zone, I contemplated whether I should just turn around and tell Mrs. De la Cruz that I don’t know where he is or, I could grow a pair and just get Dylan.

When I reached the metal door, I decided to go on with the latter. I pushed open the door and stepped into the roof of the school.

The rooftop was amazing! You could almost actually see the entire school from here. I could see the lake behind the school that was mildly surrounded by a dark forest. The lake’s water reflected on the cloudless color of the sky which made the lake look like one gigantic lemon yellow crystal.

After a few seconds of admiring the view, the reek of cigarettes invaded my sensitive nose.

I followed the foul scent of the cigars and it led me to the person who I was supposed to be looking for.

Dylan was leaning forward on the metal railings, a few black butts of cigarettes on the floor with a thin line of smoke surrounding him. It was a turn on. He’s in the restricted section of the school, smoking (which is highly prohibited). It gives him this bad boy look.

As I advanced slowly, I could see Dylan visibly tense. But I just walked closer to him, calling for his attention because he wouldn’t acknowledge my presence.