"We've been friends for what, ten years? I see her only as a friend," Cedric said, standing beside me again.

"Hmm, you'd think that after ten years you'd get used to it. I mean, Dylan wasn't drooling like you," I said quietly so Vivi wouldn't hear. She walked over to us.

"You guys filled the jeep!" she said, laughing. Cedric blinked, muttered something and went to find George while I tried not to laugh.

"T-shirt and jeans, ever heard of it?" I asked, giving her a once over. She rolled her eyes.

"Oh please, I do wear jeans and shirt."

"Yea, at home."

"Not all of us aim for the hobo look."

"Yea, some of us just aim for the supermodel look,"

She smirked. "Are you saying I look like a supermodel?"

"Keep dreaming, Vivian."

"Chloe, you could pull it off better than me, if only you'd give me a chance..."

"Never," I said, rolling my eyes. Vivi was always trying to give me a make-over, always trying to get me to wear better clothes. I didn't give a shit if the dress was designer or not, I just needed it to be comfortable and presentable. Vivi, meanwhile, made sure her wardrobe consisted of only the best designer clothes.

"I will, Chloe. There will come a time, like prom or homecoming."

I stuck my tongue out at her and we both jumped when a loud laughter erupted from inside the house. Cedric's laughter.

Vivi, Dylan and I stared at the front door while Alexa doubled over in laughter. A second later, Cedric dragged a grumbling George out of the house. All of us stared in shock before bursting into laughter.

His hair was bright purple.

"Alright shut up," he mumbled and we laughed harder.

"Oh my god! What happened?!" Vivi asked.

"Alexa's revenge," he muttered, glaring.

"Now think twice before you mess with me," Alexa said smugly.

"You just wait, I'll get you back," George said.

"No way, we're even now. Now listen up guys, let's get this trip started!" Alexa said and we cheered, piling into the jeep. Dylan sat behind the wheel and George yelled shotgun. The rest of us crammed into the back. I couldn't even get the window seat. Cedric sat at one and Alexa sat at the other. I sat beside Cedric and Vivi sat between me and Alexa. The twins' parents waved as we pulled out of the driveway, music blasting from the radio. Keith followed the jeep in his car.

"Yeaaa I'm gonna take my horse to the old town road, I'm gonna riiiide till I can't no more," we sang loudly. My heart swelled in happiness as I sat there, jammed between two of the people I loved the most. At that moment I forgot all about my parents, Adrian, my troubles and worries. At that moment, I was free.

Cedric was already eating. He passed me some cookies and I passed it on to everyone else. The song changed and Vivi, Alexa and I looked at each other in excitement.

"You've been dressin up the truth, I've been dressin up for you," we sang. Whenever we had a sleepover, one of the main things we did was karaoke. Singing our heart out had a wonderful healing effect.

"Say my name! Say my name! If you love me let me hear you, say my name, say my name, I am dying to buh-leeve you. I feel alone in your arms, I feel you breaking my heart!"

We were definitely on a high.

When we stopped for gas, all of us got out to stretch our legs and get some fresh air, which wasn't much since we were at a petrol station. Cedric eyed the grocery store and I glared at him.