☾10

a/n: changed the title to "LUCKY PEOPLE" because it's so accurate with the story and (possible) sequel. also, double updates for y'all!!♥️

And when you speak, angels sing from above. Everyday words seem to turn into love songs.

- - -

Awsten passed the notebook towards to Y/n, who immediately scanned through it. Her eyes gleamed in awe and her mouth hang agape at the songs he managed to write within a short period of time. "How...?" She trailed off, her eyes not leaving the words encrypted within the notebook. Geoff, who sat in the couch besides Otto, chuckled at her. "That's Awsten Knight for you." Awsten smiled at Geoff and he turned back to Y/n.

"Well, if you've got the right inspiration and heartbreak for it then you'll be a poet." Awsten laughed, placing a hand on her shoulder. She chuckled, turning the page to the next one where nothing was written on it but the words "DREAM BOY" where on top of the page. She raised an eyebrow, "How about this one?" She asked and Awsten looked down, his eyes widened at the empty page. He nervously chuckled as he grabbed the notebook back, closing it and tucking it underneath his arm.

"For the next album. Anyways, let's go record the songs?"

--

Recording the rhythms, drums, and rifts for the songs weren't hard for the four of them. They all cooperated, had some few breaks in between recording sessions (Especially Awsten because he had to "take a shit" every hour), and they all had fun experimenting with new melodies and tones. Awsten, however, couldn't focus when it was time to record Y/n's part in the songs-he froze whenever she opened her mouth to sing. She was honestly the most down to earth person Awsten has ever met, she was caring and got along with everyone.

Geoff and Otto picked up on this and teased him whenever Y/n was behind the glass, making sure she wouldn't hear. Awsten simply rolled his eyes and signaled for her to go.

The last song they were recording was 11:11, where Awsten started the opening verse and Y/n stood outside with Geoff and Otto besides her. They watched as the blue haired boy sang his heart out, doing silly dances behind the microphone, and rolled his eyes whenever he felt like it. "You know," Geoff started, eyes not leaving his best friend. "We're lucky to have you." He told Y/n, who was flattered by what the older male had just said. She smiled widely, "Thank you. I'm lucky to be here too."

"No, like, really really lucky. Awsten hasn't been this happy ever since. . . You know." Otto said, shooting her a soft smile. She looked at the two boys and back at Awsten, who just finished recording and was now taking off his headphones. "Yeah, must've been hard for his part." She frowned as she replayed the moment she found Awsten shouting at the sea-his screams full of pain and emotions that it broke her own heart. She was simply walking by, trying to get some fresh air after all the overwhelming response of the fanbase of the band.

She happened to walk by and she saw Awsten's car, but he wasn't indide although the keys were still in. Her eyes then landed on the boy running towards the shore, blue hair shining with the sunset. She trailed behind him, then she saw him drop to his knees and he screamed. Her heart fell to her stomach and she ran towards him, dropping next to him and she hugged him closely-as if she was afraid that he would break the moment she'd let go.

The night she brought him back to his house, he was already exhausted. She was confused why the door was already open but she led him inside anyways. She placed his car keys by the table and helped him up his bed. She bidded him a farewell but he was too exhausted to bid her back. His eyelids were all the way down and light snores were heard from the boy. She smiled and placed a kiss on his forehead before walking out.

Awsten opened the door and smiled, "Okay! Your turn." He said, clapping his hands together. She shot Geoff and Otto a smile before walking pass Awsten and to the recording room.

"What did you say to her this time?"

Geoff coughed and Otto smiled.

"Lucky People."