Shared Love

Teddy sat sleepily in the waiting room of the birthing ward at St. Mungo's with the Ron, Hermione, Grams, and Gramps. It was almost 4 am when Harry came running out there.

Teddy stays snuggled up in Hermione's lap as the other three adults rush to Harry.

After talking to them briefly he approaches Hermione and Teddy. He whispers something in her ear that makes her smile before picking up Teddy. "So Teddy how would you like to meet your new godbrother?"

That effectively wakes up the sleepy metamorphmagus. "It's a boy?"

"Yes and do you remember what we talked about?"

"You said that just because the new babies here it doesn't mean that you'll love me any less."

"That's exactly right."

Ginny smiles lovingly when the two enter the room. "Would you like to hold him?" She asks when Teddy comes to stand beside the bed.

Teddy nods quickly. He holds his arms out signaling for Harry to put him on the bed. Harry laughs as he lifts Teddy to sit next to Ginny.

"Here hold your arms like this," Ginny tells him. "Gentle support his head."

"What's his name?" Teddy ask taking the small newborn into his arms.

"James," Harry and Ginny answer at the same time.

"James," Teddy whispers looking down at the baby in his arms and realizing he really didn't mind sharing the love. James deserved the world.