New and Shiny

April 2

Madran arrived at school and went about the first half of her day without much struggle. She then arrived at lunch, and was confused to see Rosana not there, due to her being the first one to arrive at the table. After Suga and Sheila showed up, Madran sat down with them.

"Hey, where's Rosana?"

"Um, I dunno. She's probably sick, or something happened in her family."

Madran nodded and then saw Rosana walking up to them. She looked like a hurt and lost puppy, and was clutching her notebook tightly to her chest while being on the verge of tears.

"Hey, Rosana-san? What happened?"

Rosana shook her head and opened her notebook. Once she did, her face turned to that of anger.

"Oh, follame!"

"What? Um..."

Rosana began to angrily curse to herself in Spanish while Suga looked at it.

"Um, it's like, completely broken. Holy shit. Who did this?"

"One of those stupid gym dicks! They told me that I should just go back to Mexico, where I didn't even come from or look like, and then tried to break my notebook!"

"Um... mi... trabajar?"

"It means my work. I use it to try to keep track of everything, but now I might need to get a new one! That annoying gym teacher only laughed when I tried to pick the pieces up! Gosh, I hate him!"

"You could always ask the counsellor to swap classes. You're a second year, yeah?"

"First year, I have no choice."

"Oh, that's sad."

"Why can't they just fire that guy? Like, goodness, isn't this supposed to be a really good school?"

"Well, apparently, Kamoshida's this 'great teacher' and stuff. Ugh."

"Great teacher, my ass. I'm just glad that I doubled up on History to get that disgrace off of my schedule."

"Amen, Sheila."

"I dunno, I might leave a request on that Bodacious whatever site."

"Who?"

"I forgot their name, but I saw that they, like, completely redid people. Maybe, Kamoshida might be not as bad if they work their magic on him."

"Ooh, that would be nice. Hey, Madran's what's up?"

"Oh, sorry, I ate an overcooked chip."

"A what?"

"One of those, uh, really brown and nasty chips that crunch and hurt a lot."

"Oh, ok."

The group finished lunch and the rest of the school day. Then, once Madran got back, Elia was waiting for her.

"Oh, hi, mom!"

"Hello! How are you?"

"I'm good."

"How was your day?"

"Eh, rather uneventful."

Madran and Elia exchanged stories about their day until Elia changed the conversation.

"Ok, so, Madran, I got a quick message from Margaret about the Metanav. Apparently, something happened to it, and she wanted everyone to come see her."

"Oh, ok, I'll go say hi."

Madran went off to the Velvet Room and let Chicory in with her. Once everyone else had arrived, Margaret sat down across from them.