"I'm so happy." He expressed softly. "I can introduce you properly to my parents and take you on an actual date. We go skiing every Christmas in Vail, maybe you can come and-"

Even though Andy's heart swelled at his words, her stomach was sinking. She wanted to do all of those things and more with Steve, but he was going down a dangerous path that was only going to lead to more heartbreak. Andy had been keeping a secret and it was time for it to be revealed.

"I'm going back to New York." She said all at once. She had to get it out.

Steve's hands slowly but surely moved away from Andy's face then down to his side. His face dropped dramatically, brows furrowed in confusion. "What?"

Andy couldn't handle the gaze fixated on her. She averted her eyes to the tiled floor when she repeated her previous words. "I'm going back to New York."

"You're kidding, right?" He asked, every inch of him desperate for it to be some sort of practical joke. He prayed that someone would jump out from around the corner and yell ' gotcha ya', but Andy's silence only confirmed his fears. "Oh my god, you-you're serious? This is real?"

"Yeah." Andy whispered, so quietly that she didn't even know if Steve had heard, but he had and the dagger dug even deeper into his chest. Andy stared down at her scuffed boots that kicked at the floor. "I'm sorry."

Steve scoffed, laughing in angry amusement. "And you only think to tell me now? After everything we've been through?" He exhaled sharply. "When do you go?"

Tears clouded her vision sending her shoes out of focus. "Tuesday."

Today was Sunday.

He breathed in deeply, face clouded in disbelief. Andy finally lifted her head to look at him and immediately wished she hadn't. He looked so heartbroken that it was the last push her tears needed to be set free, creating multiple lines of water rolling down her cheeks.

"What about us?" He asked in a small, meek voice that made Andy's bottom lip quiver. Another shard of her heart broke and she felt it fall down inside of her, its sharp jagged edges scraping against her insides. "You knew I wasn't here for good, Steve. What did you think was going to happen?"

"I-I don't know." Steve stuttered, running a hand through his hair. "I thought after everything you would have changed your mind and you would stay."

Andy didn't know what to say. The decision she made, wasn't the one he hoped for. Hawkins wasn't her home. Her life was back in New York and while her time in the small town had been terrifying, yet incredible, she couldn't stay here. It wasn't her home.

"Andy." Hopper's voice called from behind her. She looked over her shoulder to see her dad waiting for her at the exit door of the hospital. "Let's go."

She looked back to Steve, whose face riddled with heartbreak. "I have to go." She said, taking a step back. She wanted to hold him one last time, be held by him one last time and kiss him once last time and savour the feeling, but it was too painful. In forty-eight hours she would be sitting in a cramped plane seat flying millions of miles away from him

Steve reached out, gripping his fingers in her hand, not willing to let her go so easily. The sensation made Andy's body tremble, but she pulled her hand away. "I'm sorry." She cried and ripped her gaze away from Steve. She turned on her heel and forced herself to walk away, not daring to look over her shoulder because if she did she probably wouldn't be able to go through with what she was doing.

There'd be no more movie dates, no more ridiculous dancing, no more anything.

She was leaving.

**

Andy gazed down at the suitcase at her feet. It was packed full of everything she had brought to Hawkins with her but what she would be taking back with her the most to New York wasn't the physical belongings, but the memories and feelings.

"You ready, kid?" Hopper asked and Andy turned to face her dad with a quivering bottom lip and tears burning in her eyes. No, she wasn't ready. She shook her head, moving towards him before throwing herself into his arms. Hopper held onto her tightly, his big arms wrapped around her small body. It was the first hug they had experienced together in five years.

"It's alright." He said soothingly, stroking her hair as Andy clung to him for dear life. "You can come visit whenever you want, okay? All you have to do is call and I'll have your room set up in minutes."

Andy's tears stained his police uniform as she nodded. Outside the sound of a car driving down the gravel towards the trailer came making Andy pull away. It was her taxi to the airport. With the sleeve of her shirt, she wiped at her eyes and Hopper clutched her shoulders. "I love you, kid."

"I love you too, Dad." She smiled through tear coated lashes. Hopper squeezed her shoulder, biting down on his lip hard, holding back his own tears that welled in his blue eyes.

Andy grabbed the handle to her suitcase and wheeled it behind her to the door. She gave one final glance over her shoulder to her dad, who stood running a hand over his clenched jaw. She waved lightly and he returned it sweetly. With a sunken heart, she took in one final look at the trailer she had somehow come to love.

"Goodbye." She whispered and stepped onto the porch. It was time to go.

A.N

BRB just crying my eyes out. Anyone else?? To be honest, don't know who I feel sadder for - Andy, Steve or Hopper :( But the question is, will Andy stay in New York? :O Keep reading to find out!

Lola x