Chapter Two

Lizzie woke up early the next morning. She felt a tap on her shoulder that stirred her from a restless sleep, and as she blinked the sleep out of her eyes, the world swimming in front of her, a face started to come into focus. Shoulder length black hair with brown eyes and a small smile.

"Hey Lizzie!" It was Nora.

Nora is one of Lizzie's few friends, like Ani. But Nora was the opposite of Ani in almost every way. First, personality. Ani was obsessive, popular, and bubbly. Nora was calm, antisocial, and sweetly shy. Ani was totally fine with how she/everyone else lived, but Nora was always protesting one issue or another. Lately, she had been protesting the city itself. You see, Gregon was surrounded by a huge wall. It keeps all the bad stuff out, like the world outside. It's full of horrible people, bad politicians, and even a guy named Alexander Hamilton (he supposedly ruined everyone's lives, ruined his wife's [by having an affair], and then promptly ruined his own by telling the whole world about it. Finally, someone put him out of his misery [and everyone else] by killing him.) The world was a SCARY place. But Nora had somehow gotten it into her head that they were being held from the truth.

"Nora? What are you doing in my room?"

"Shhhhhhhh." She shushed Lizzie excessively longly. "I'm sorry but I really had to wake you (A/N: Heathers, anyone?). See, I found something!"

"Wha-a-t?" Lizzie's reply was broken up by a yawn.

Nora just shook her head. "You'll see. Come on, I got your clothes out already. I'll wait downstairs." She barged out the door and Lizzie heard her dancing down the stairs.

She turned to the pile of black in the corner of her room. Sighing, she picked up a crumpled black shirt, a pair of black jeans, a black beanie, and a dark grey pair of socks. This was a stealth mission then.

Again, like with my other book, short chapter, more to come! See ya!