Chapter 1 - A new beginning

You sat idly brushing your hair, getting out all the tangles and knots that occurred when you slept. Your mother fussed about in your wardrobe, trying to pick out a wonderful outfit. You sighed and spun around on your stool to face her. 

She had a look of accomplishment as she pulled out an emerald green dress and presented it to you, "This one, Y/N. Your lover will love this." She beamed and handed it to the maid so she could get you into it. 

"I'm sure he will." You added as the maid put you into your corset, pulling the strings a little too tightly. You didn't let the pain show on your face but you found it hard to breathe. The dress was soon pulled onto your body with more tightening of ribbons around your hips. The maid urged you to sit back down on your stool so she could finish your hair.

"Y/N! You look wonderful. Harold is a lucky man, isn't he?" You mother stood behind you, placing her hands on your shoulders and staring with a smile into the mirror at the pair of you.

You couldn't help but feel trapped. Harold was the man your mother set you up with. You didn't have the heart to tell him you weren't interested and you were sure you'd get an earful from your mother if you denied him. This wasn't the life you wanted. Rich, snobby. Everything done for you. You yearned for excitement. This life was boring. You were grateful, nonetheless, but it wasn't for you.

You pulled on some boots and your mother shoved a parasol in your hands just as a carriage pulled up outside. You stood with a struggle and headed down the steps to greet Harold. He shoved flowers into your hands as soon as the door was open. You mumbled a thank-you and handed the flowers to the maid to place in a vase.

You said a quick goodbye to your mother and headed out to the carriage. Harold helped you inside then went to whisper something to the driver. He then joined you in the carriage and you were off. 

"How are you, my darling, on this fine day?" Harold questioned. His smile seemed sinister but you brushed it off.

"I am intrigued to know where we'll be heading to." You responded with a brief smile.

"I'm positive you shall enjoy it." Harold laughed then peered out of the window.

Something almost felt off. You had a bad feeling in your stomach. The carriage came to a stop outside a factory. You face held a frown. Harold grabbed your wrist and dragged you out of the carriage and into the factory.

"Harold?! What is going on here?" You demanded as the man continued pulling you up to the roof. You felt bad for the children that had to work here. You tripped on the stairs but it didn't stop the man pulling as you struggled to get back to your feet. 

Out of the corner of your eye, you saw a man in a long coat speaking to the children with another man in red collapsed on the ground. You hadn't a clue what was happening. Explosive crates littered the ground. You finally made it to the roof, Harold push you to the floor of the roof with great force.

"It's nothing personal, my love, you're just worth quite a few pennies." Harold said then took a gun out and pointed it right at you so you wouldn't move.

"What is going on? Pennies? What ever do you mean?" Fear filled your body, your eyes fixated on the gun.

"I'm going to sell you off. Black market deals. Then I'm going to have your poor little mother pay me ransom but she'll never see you again." He laughed loudly, "Organs are worth a lot these days."

You somehow managed to get to your feet. Harold began walking towards you angrily. He raised his hand with the gun, intending to hit you. You squeezed your eyes shut but the blow never came. You opened your eyes slowly just as Harolds body dropped to the ground. A man stood there. The one you spotted before. He had a smirk on his face as he pulled his hood down.