21: Hello Heartache, My Old Friend

Începe de la început

First, it was a series of 'D.O fucking liar!' 'So did you guys really break up or are you lying again? 'Why her?' from all corners of the crowd but then his fans came in to defend him by shouting "Mind your own business!" "It's his life, he's a grown man so live your own damn lives"

Kyungsoo ignored all the comments as he fast walked his way to the automatic sliding door to enter the building but stopped mid-step into the building when he heard a man's voice yell out from the crowd,  "How's Nam Jihyun in bed!?"

He looked back to the direction where the voice had come from and he was quickly greeted with flashing white lights that infuriated the anger inside him even more.  He began stepping down to confront whoever that was but he felt a hand on his shoulder and his manager's voice saying, "Hajima. It's not worth it."

Kyungsoo's nose flared and for a moment, he thought of wanting to be sued for battery so that he could punch whoever had said those cruel words on their mouths. At the back of his mind, however, he kept hearing her voice say "Oppa, just ignore. Be smart and ignore everything they say about us because I don't want to lose you again." He imagined the look of disappointment in her face if she ever saw the news the next day saying 'Actor and EXO's D.O, Do Kyungsoo assaulted a paparazzi"

He shut his eyes in frustration, clenched his jaw, and turned around to finally enter the building as his manager followed him into an elevator.

"Kyungsooya, I know i'm only your manager but I care about you..." the man continued, as he pressed on a button, prompting for the elevator to rise up, "...so if you're not telling me as to why you reacted so quickly like that, I'd like to know what's still going on between you an--"

Kyungsoo shook his head, stared at the ceiling and smiled as if nothing happened, "I'm here for work, hyung...if I still even have one."

"Just try not to react too much, okay?" his manager said. "Kaja, we have a meeting to go to."

Both men exited the elevator as soon as it opened and they were guided by a receptionist into a small meeting room.

~

He was petrified.

Kyungsoo had no idea of what was about to be the outcome of his day. He found himself tapping at the armrest of the couch several times out of nervousness as soon as he sat down. His manager-hyung would scold him, asking for him to stop.

Eventually, he managed to calm himself down when two familiar figures walked into the room that caused Kyungsoo to sigh in relief as he realized that it was one of SM's music producers, Yoo Young-jin, the producer that also collaborated with him for Tell Me What Is Love. The other man beside the producer was a higher officer for SM.

Kyungsoo bowed immediately and his eyes disappeared as he smiled at the suited man in front of him, "Annyeonghaseyo." The man greeted back with a small grin at his old friend.

All of them sat down across from each other to finally begin the meeting. Kyungsoo pushed up his eyeglasses closer to his face, concentrating on the two men.

"You can relax. We're not here to talk about your dating news." The man sitting next to the producer joked, gaining an uncomfortable laugh from Kyungsoo, "What we're actually here for is...an artist collaboration for a station."

Kyungsoo looked at his manager, raising an eyebrow at the already smiling man, then he turned to look back at the two men in front of him.

"Mr. Yoo Youngjin here is going to produce the song for you and your partner for this collaboration and if everything goes well, SM wants to open up a slot for you to work on a potential album" The man smiled at him and continued with his proposition, "...that's if everything goes well...then we'll start talking about that album of yours. "

Kyungsoo's grin replaced its previous raised eyebrow of confusion, "I'm so honored..Thank you...." he got up to shake the man's hands again enthusiastically, "...when will I know who I'll be singing with?"

At that very moment, a faint knock on the door caught everyone's attention. Kyungsoo grinned at his manager, hoping that it would be one of his favorite singers that he had dreamt of working with.

"Well, here she is...please come in."

Kyungsoo cocked his head until he saw a familiar short haired, petite, and pale-skinned woman wearing a long red skirt and black v-neck sweater approach the room, already avoiding his eyes. But the woman did not need to make eye contact for him to know who she already was.

Suddenly, Kyungsoo gulped and his eyebrows quivered out of nervousness.

"Do Kyungsoo~ssi, your partner for the collab...who I'm sure you're familiar with....Shon Seungwan or you know her better by the name Wendy." the man said.

The young woman gave a quick smile and greeted him.

"Oh uh W--Annyeonghaseyo " he stammered, and was lost for words at the sight of her when he realizes their last memory together was filled with heartache.

He batted an eye at his manager hoping to save him with a remark, but the man busied himself talking to Wendy's manager and the producer.

Kyungsoo returned his attention to the woman in front of him who stood still with parted lips. When he met her eyes, she avoided it and they stood awkwardly for a very long time.

Kyungsoo looks away again and observes the men talking. When he realizes that the production manager gave glances at them as if waiting for them to greet each other, Kyungsoo bowed and reached out a hand for her to shake.

"Wow...." He uttered uneasily as he rubbed the back of his neck with his other hand , "It's been a long time, Wendy-ya."

He attempted to give her a genuine smile that failed almost immediately and in turn what he got was a close-lipped smile that he knew was distinctly forced

He attempted to give her a genuine smile that failed almost immediately and in turn what he got was a close-lipped smile that he knew was distinctly forced. And there, Wendy Shon stood perfectly still, staring at Do Kyungsoo, the man who broke her heart two years ago.

 And there, Wendy Shon stood perfectly still, staring at Do Kyungsoo, the man who broke her heart two years ago

_____________

Author's note:
🤔🤔🤔🤔

Hi everyone! Thank you all for reading this chapter and dont forget to VOTE or COMMENT! I've already planned some things ahead for this story and i cant wait for yall to read it; im planning to end at around chapter 30...but in da meantime hope yall enjoy :)