O1💎

💎💎💎💎

"Residents around the area of the fire are told to stay safe four buildings down the road— The fire was put down more than 20 minutes ago and a handful of heroes have gathered to look through the remains of the deceased."

[____] listened at the news reporter while she finished washing the dirty dishes, back at home. "Mom...Please be okay...!"

She held on to her little brother's blue sippy cup, she had just filled it up with warm milk and was trying to head into his room to put him to sleep, but the next news she heard made her stop her tracks.

"We are now told that the victims' names will be revealed in a few weeks from now, given the tragic condition some are found. The rank of deaths has yet to be confirmed by police, but we are currently at a number of thirty or more. Stay tuned for more updates."

"Thirty, so far...Oh.." She rushed to the coffee table to use the TV remote and turned it off after hearing her brother's light cries. "I'm going, I'm going...."

She was trying not to think about it, but the tears rolled down her cheeks anyway. She knew deep down that her mother wasn't coming home that night.

💎💎💎💎

"But that was three years ago....Time goes by sort of fast..."

[____] watched the ceiling fan slowly spun counterclockwise as she laid in her futon bed, her little brother snoozing off around her arm. "It's been a few months since I started high school...I can't believe I lost one of my jobs thanks to my limited hours...I have to apply somewhere soon, or else we will be homeless..."

"Onee-chan, you talk too much." Kantaro complained in a mumble. "I can't sleep like this..."

"Sorry, Taro, I just have a lot on my mind..." From then on, she decided to think inside her head.

'Rent is coming up soon...I only have half of it saved. After buying my high school uniform and utensils, I totally screwed our savings up and now we don't have much money left for groceries until I pay next month's rent...'

"Ahh," she sighed. "I wish I had a magic lamp with a genie who could grant me three wishes."

"Three wishes..." The little boy repeated after her, his eyes were still closed. "I would wish...for you to be more quiet."

"Wha...That's not very nice."

'I would wish for mom to survive that attack, three years ago...'

💎💎💎💎

"Kantaro, do you want more rice?" She disconnected the rice cooker only to find another portion of food left inside.

"Yes, please!" He handed her his small bowl for seconds. "Oh, more juice too!"

"Yeah, yeah..." She finished fluffing the rice onto the dish and poured more apple juice in his cup. "Listen, I'll have to leave in ten minutes. I'll clean the rest of the kitchen later tonight so don't touch anything. If you're feeling hungry, there's fruits on the counter. I'll bring groceries tonight."

"Okay, but can you also bring me All Might's new figurine?!" He showed [____] a bad drawing of the hero he had just finished creating with crayons. "He has cool new features! I saw it on a TV commercial! My old one is broken now..."

"Of course it's broken, you play with it all the time, dork." [____] ruffled his golden hair before frowning at the bad news she was about to give him. "I'm sorry, Taro...I won't be able to buy you any toys for a while...I have to pay the rent, first."