Chapter 11: Change Of Plans

Marinette

  I yawned, rubbing my eyes as I sat on the bed, drying my wet hair since I had just gotten out of the shower. Adrien patted the spot on the bed closest to him, making a smile spread across my lips. I crawled over to the place next to him, wrapping one arm around his chest.

  I smiled to myself as he began to read, his words so gentle and the hotel seemed so homey and comfortable as I nuzzled my face against his chest and listened to his voice. Once he was done reading another chapter, he closed the book, and promised to read the next chapter tomorrow.

   He turned off the light, placing his head on the pillow as I nuzzled my face into his chest. I smirked to myself, rising from his chest and smiling down at him as he peeked an eye open, "Something bothering you?" I shook my head, his lips parting as I leaned down to kiss him.

  I smiled as our noses brushed together but before he could speak I cut him off with a sealed kiss. Tracing my hand up his chest and tangling them into his hair, brushing my lips against his. I placed several kisses to his lips, blissful, sweet tender kisses that made my heart flutter.

  My cheeks were covered in a crimson red as I slowly climbed over him, my lips overlapping with his as my fingers curled in his silky golden locks. As I pecked his lips, the kiss lasted longer then expected as he kept his lips attached to mine.

  His lips overlapped mine in an entrancing way, my heart beating fast and my lips tingling at his touch as my lips moved with his. Our movements were in sync as he continued to kiss me, my eyebrows narrowing as I was absorbed into this very passionate kiss.

  As much as I didn't want to, we parted due to lack of oxygen. A loud smack occurred as we let go of each other's lips. We let out heavy pants, looking down at the man under me, my blush only increased as I had processed that I just had a make out session with the beautiful man who looked up at me with his emerald green eyes.

  He cupped my cheek, placing a sweet kiss to my jaw as he whispered against my skin, "Your so beautiful..." He said, in a soft sincere voice. My lips parted as he continued to feather kisses down my jaw and collarbone, my eyes closing as I enjoyed the pleasure he easily provided.

  He pecked my lips once more, as I lay my head against his chest. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding, sliding my hands back down to his chest. Slowly, my eyes fluttered closed as I fell in a warm, peaceful sleep, hoping that I wasn't dreaming before.

***

Adrien

  I covered my mouth, my eyes widening. I frowned, "But sir--". Mr. O'Neal interrupted me, "No questions asked Adrien. You heard me. I'm sending the new suit and contacts by tomorrow, your 'arrival' will be at 5:00 p.m. Sharp."

  I winced, "Mr. O'Neal--" I was cut off once again, "Adrien, we both know how this ends. She's getting too attached. If you want to keep her safe then this is what we're going to do. No one said this mission was going to be easy."

  Tears glossed over my eyes, "So then what's the excuse?" He sighed, "Just tell her you were assigned a different mission. It's as simple as that." The tears were released out of my eyes as I bit my lip painfully, She would hate me after this.

"Yes sir."

  With that, he had hung up the phone, and that was it. There was no excuses, it has to be done. At least I wasn't leaving her, at least I would still be with her. But she would hate me. I heard the bathroom door open, My lips parting.

  Marinette walked over to me, placing her hand against my chest and cupping my cheek. She looked at my tear-stained cheeks, "What's wrong?" She narrowed her eyebrows with concern, the guilt pooling in my stomach as I took her hands in mine.

   "M-marinette... T-there's been a change in plans." Her lips parted, "W-what do you mean?" I looked straight into her eyes, Crystal Blue meeting Emerald Green. I took a deep breath, sighing as I sat on the bed and patted the spot next to me.

  She looked at me worryingly, "Adrien... Tell me what's wrong." My lips trembled, "I-I've been assigned a different mission." I lied. "You won't see me again." That was true. She wouldn't see me, She wouldn't see Adrien Agreste.

She would see Chat Noir.

  My code name, there was a change of plans indeed. I would leave as Adrien tomorrow, and come back as Cat Noir, but she wouldn't know that. She would think that Adrien Agreste was gone forever. But she was 'getting attached'.

  And apparently, that wasn't safe for her, so I had to replace myself with... Myself. Her lips parted, "Please tell me your joking." Her eyes watered. I shook my head, "Y-your leaving?" I nodded, "Adrien--" her lips trembled, as she was lost in thought.

  "You have got to be kidding!" Tears streamed down her cheeks, "You HAVE to!" She cried, I sniffled, shaking my head. She dived into my lap and pulled me into a hug, there was no words, just tears, and her body warmth. I inhaled her lavender shampoo, as she cried into my shoulder.

***

  "Goodbye Marinette... I'll never forget you." I gave her a weak smile, placing a sweet kiss on her forehead. Narrowing my eyebrows as I made the kiss sincere as possible. I looked back at her tear stained cheeks, her Crystal Blue eyes darkened with gray, as she continued to cry.

  "Goodbye... Adrien. I love you." My lips parted, "I-i love you more." She sniffled, pressing her lips against mine. I closed my eyes, my lips overlapping hers as we shared our very last kiss. "Don't forget me." She shook her head "Never..."

  I offered her a weak smile, walking out of the lodge of the hotel and into a taxi. And that's when I found myself at a Barbour shop as I watched the sides of my hair get shaved. The hair that once had Marinette's fingers entangled in golden locks.

  I gulped. She was going to dread Chat Noir wasn't she?

  That was that last thing I thought before I re-entered the hotel at exactly 5:00. In a brand new black Suit with a bell attached to the collar, a black mask and green contacts, with pinned cat ears attached to my new hair cut.

  And that's when I saw a beautiful woman with midnight hair and Crystal Blue eyes, wearing a maroon dress as her hair was pulled into a bun. I gulped, it was as if was swallowing an iron ball as I immediately confirmed...

I was so dead.

1180 words