Ariel rolled her eyes, tilting her head backwards as the troubled God began peppering kisses down her slender throat. “Life is all about taking decisions that we might later on regret; we just have to make sure that we learn from them.”

He gave a light chuckle, sliding his hand down to the curvature of her ass. He gave her a light squeeze, making her groan in delight at the domineering gesture and brushed his lips against her skin as he whispered, “I am not going to touch you because of a spell. Aphrodite—”

“Okay,” A voice snapped them away from their intimate position, “as much as I love to hear people talking about me, you have got to stop bringing my name into this shit, uncle.”

Aphrodite grinned, revealing pearly white teeth and red luscious lips. Her golden hair seemed to float around her head, making her seem so beautiful it was almost painful to see. Her eyes were a striking blue and her features seemed to be carved out of pure stone.

“Aphrodite,” Hades narrowed his eyes, speaking her name as if it was acid on his tongue and gently placed Ariel on her feet.

The goddess rolled her eyes, walking towards them slowly. She wore a wine red off-the-shoulder dress that made her moving seem like she was gliding across the floor as gracefully as a gazelle. “Hades, you don’t seem pleased to see me.”

He rolled his eyes in return, raking his fingers through his hair and stepped away from Ariel, giving her some breathing space. “Well you’re not exactly my most favourite person right now; you tried to poison me.”

“I did not!” She gasped, giggling lightly as he muttered something under his breath.

Ariel watched her with wide eyes, feeling completely enthralled by her beauty. It almost made her jealous how beautiful the goddess was, but Hades seemed completely unaffected by her beauty and charm.

“Just leave, Aphrodite, I don’t need another episode of this,” Hades muttered, gritting his teeth as the goddess continued to smile cheekily.

“What,” she cleared her throat, “exactly, do you think happened seconds ago?”

The God sighed, sliding his hand down his face and said, “You poisoned me with one of your love potions. That’s why Ariel seemed so attractive and I couldn’t hold myself back from…” he trailed off.

Blood rushed to her cheeks, making her entire face heat up in embarrassment as the goddess scrutinized her face slowly and then turned to Hades, with the corners of her lips slightly turned upward, in a half smile.

“So you’re saying that without the ‘poison’ I supposedly gave you, you wouldn’t find this mortal attractive?”

Hades blinked slowly, feeling completely taken aback by the question. He cleared his throat, scratching his neck awkwardly and looked away from Ariel’s curious green eyes. “I didn’t…I don’t…”

“Tell me, uncle,” Aphrodite placed her hands on her hips and cocked her head to the side, “you’re saying that you, almost fucking the brains out of this poor girl, is my fault?”

“Do not speak that way in front of her,” he almost growled, his blue eyes flickering a lighter shade of blue.

Ariel bit her bottom lip, the power radiating off both gods almost suffocating her. She felt a million emotions stirring within her and it all confused her. She wanted to feel angry at Hades for not abiding to her sexual prowess, but she also wanted to kiss him for somehow wanting to keep what was best for her in mind. The sexual tension building inside her was also pissing her off.

Aphrodite waved her hand in the air, as if wiping away his comment and said, “Stop blaming this on me, uncle. I did nothing but open your eyes. I did not ‘poison’ you, like you believe.”