Alternate Reality pt. 1

This story was suggested by Marveltookmysanity.

Plot: "Maybe mysterio actually has powers instead of it being fake and have them fight the elementals and that be real, develop a relationship along the way and 🍋😉"-marveltookmysanity

//●Peter●\\
I sit on the roof and think about what Fury said to me.

We have one mission: kill it. And you're coming with us.

This is too much for me to handle. I'm just a sixteen-year-old kid from Queens, I am not able to handle a threat this big. I hear a slight flutter as myster-- Quentin flies into my view.

"Fury asked me to come up here and see how you were doing. He just, he felt bad about snapping at you." He informs me.

"Really?" I ask, though I don't really believe him.

"You guys do have sarcasm on this earth, right?" I let out a soft chuckle. "How you feeling?"

"I didn't think that I would have to save the world this summer. I know that makes me sound like such a jerk, I just... I had this plan with this girl that I really like and now it's all ruined." I tell him. I thought I saw a tinge of sadness behind his his eyes as I tell him, but it must be a trick of the light.

"I like you Peter. You're a good kid." He tells me as he sits on the ledge next to me. "There's a part of me that wants to tell you to just turn around and run away from all of this, and then there's another part of me that knows what we're about to fight; what's at stake. I'm glad you're here."

"Me too." I mutter.

"But you're worried about your friends."

"Yeah. I just always feel like I'm putting them in danger."

"Look, just get 'em inside, and keep them in a safe place for just a few hours, and they'll be alright."

"It's really nice to have someone to talk to about superhero stuff, y'know?" I say. It is really comforting to know that he's here, with me, talking about things that I can't talk about with people like Fury, or Maria.

"Anytime." He says softly. I get a warm fuzzy feeling when he says that. The same one I get when I'm around MJ. I brush it off, though. It's probably nothing.

//●Quentin●\\
When Peter left, I felt bad. He is just a kid. I feel like I should go check on him, so I do. When I see him sitting alone on the roof, my heart breaks. I fly up to check on him.

"Fury asked me to come up here and see how you were doing. He just, he felt bad about snapping at you." I tell him a bit sarcastically.

"Really?" He asks me, in a small voice. Maybe I didn't say it with enough sarcasm.

"You guys do have sarcasm on this earth, right?" I joke. He lets out a soft chuckle. "How you feeling?"

"I didn't think that I would have to save the world this summer. I know that makes me sound like such a jerk, I just... I had this plan with this girl that I really like and now it's all ruined." I feel a twinge of emotional pain when he tells me that.

I shouldn't have felt that. He's not the same Peter from home. But he is so similar. Caring, doesn't believe that he can handle what he can.... I miss my Peter. I wish that this Peter was more like mine. Ways like being not straight, and mine.

"I like you Peter. You're a good kid." I tell him as I sit on the ledge next to him. "There's a part of me that wants to tell you to just turn around and run away from all of this, and then there's another part of me that knows what we're about to fight; what's at stake. I'm glad you're here."