Peace -- Ch.2

Warm.
It was a feeling he awoke to as a soft sickly sweet voice rang through and beckoned him awake. Moonstone eyes fluttering softly, Frank groaned as he sat up and looked around the circlet of chairs. The gentle shifting of blankets upon his body causing a form of confusion within him as he tried to figure out just where they had come from. However, as hot breath upon his back warmed him farther and a strong arm gripped his side; he came to a slow sleep heavy realization.

"Fuck sakes Joey..."
Frank grumbled with a smirk tugging at his cheeks. So many times his friend would prefer to wander off of his own accord. To be alone and un-bothered by the other members of their little Legion. Though it never lasted. Always ending up returning to the group and to frank himself. "You awake?" Susie spoke up gently as Frank turned to view her. Her head of petal pink hair tilted to the side as she stared the two men down with a large teasing smile.

"You where out cold. Both of you."
She smiled with a bit of a giggle as she walked over and pulled a small cloth from her pocket and handing it to the groggy leader of their group. "You where drooling a bit... Might wanna clean it up before Julie sees!" Susie snickered softly as Frank rose from his previous position. Pushing Joey's arm off of himself and getting up off the couch to wipe his face and greet the other members.

"When did you get in?"
He asked with a long bellowing yawn, loud enough to cause the other sleeping to stir. "Not long ago. Jules is getting some snow for a bath. We're gonna share. Did Joey's trial go alright?" She asked, taking back the somewhat damp cloth from her friend as she stuffed it back in the pocket of her hoodie. "He got them all.. But apparently he went against the new guy.. Said the dude's a total ass."

"Hm.. Thank god i haven't gotten him yet.. Oh well."
With a small huff and a shrug of her arms, she moved to match Frank's gaze of the still sleeping member. Gentle disturbed groaning leaving the taller man as Joey shuffled within the sheets. "He looks so cozy in there. I almost wanna join him" Susie said, a wide brace filled smile on her cheeks as she watched. Earning a snort from Frank. "Go for it. I need a smoke anyway. And a bath." He said, lifting an arm to smell himself before shrugging and watching as Susie tucked Joey into the blankets. "Nah, I'll let him sleep. Like i said, Julie and I are gonna have a bath together. You wanna join?"

"... Nah, I'll let you have your 'girl time'. I'll have one later when Jojo's up n' not snoring up a storm."
Frank snickered. Walking over to the reception desk where Joey's gear still laid and dug into his discarded sweater, pulling a worn down lighter and small tin box of cigarettes and blunts from the pocket.

"Go on babydoll. We can all chill out when you're done."
Frank ushered her on and watched as she skipped off. A part of him bewildered at just how well she was able to hold herself together in this hell world. Walking back to the circlet of couches, he threw himself down beside his friend. Kicking his feet up on the table and opening the tin, taking a cigarette out and placing it between scarred lips before lighting it and taking a heavy drag. Letting the smoke fill his lungs and settle before finally tilting his head back and watching the billowing cloud escape him from nose and mouth.

Silence overtaking him as he listened to his surroundings. The gentle crackling of the fire, the snow tapping at the broken windows and wind howling gently through the cracks of the broken doors and walls. It was peaceful to him. Like home even though it never looked like much. Letting his arms rest upon the back of the sofa, he relaxed as much as he could. The soft snoring of his friend and gentle distant chattering of the girls in the back room. It filled him with a feeling he wasn't sure how to place or name.

Shifting slightly, he took another drag of his smoke before tapping off the ashes to the floor below. Looking over to his still sleeping friend and smirking.

"How the fuck are you able to sleep so soundly on this shit sofa."
He muttered in wonder, always amazed at just how easily Joey could pass out on the broken down couch, even with all the prodding springs and worn down material. But as intrigued as he was in the other's dead sleep abilities, He was snapped out of his internal trance by the final groggy groans of the other waking up.

"It's about fucking time Joey."
Frank snorted, tapping off the ashes of his cigarette once more before taking a drag and offering the rest to the other whom had only just moved to sit up and rub his eyes. Watching as it was gently taken from him in a hazy slow moment.

"Don't set the fuckin blanket on fire bro.. I'm not stealing you another one."
"Eat... My.. Ass Frank."