Chap 11 "Not So Different From Hawaii"

Start from the beginning

"I guess Uncle Steve will be your plus one," Grace replied.

"Grace, you're my plus one," I smiled. "You're going to be my plus one to every Disney event."

"Yay," Grace smiled. Two months had passed and I've been able to hid a lot from Grace. She noticed simple things around the house have changed but she thought I'd change it for scenery. We walked to the front door of the house. "Auntie J, I've had fun spending time with you."

"I have to," I nodded. "Being Audrey one week and then Evie the next is exhausting but I do it because I love it." I opened the door and Grace walked in. A bullet hit the door, and it was right next to my head. "Grace, go upstairs and lock yourself in your closet." I closed the door. "Look for a hidden door. It should be right behind your shoe rack."

"What's going on?" Grace asked.

"Just do as I say," I nodded. "Behind the door will be a metal slide." I took off my costume to reveal what I was wearing underneath. "I want you to go down the slide and you'll land in the passenger seat of a car. The keys are in the glove box and I want you to start it. If I'm not in that driver seat in fifteen minutes, I want you to drive. Follow the GPS, it'll take you to a safe location. Go." I pushed her up the stairs. I heard the door get kicked in. "Go!" Grace ran up the stairs. The guys started shooting up the stairs. I jumped over the railing and landed right in the front door. I made a run for the kitchen as they started shooting me. I dived behind the island and flipped a switch next to the garbage disposal. A cabinet popped out and I grabbed the nine millimeter. "Seriously? You couldn't give me a bigger gun?" I heard footsteps. I tensed up. I stood up and started shooting. I took down two shooters. "Not bad."

"She's in the kitchen!" I heard someone yell out

"Hell," I sighed. I opened the pantry and closed the door. I slid the right corner floorboard off and got inside. I closed it and grabbed the backpack on the hook. I slid down the slide. I landed in the passenger seat. "Time to go." I strapped in my seat belt and hit the gas. "Gracie, I need you to listen to me."

"What's going on?" Grace asked.

"We're going to a safe house," I replied. "Those guys that just shot at us are really bad guys."

"You bought two houses?" Grace asked.

"No," I nodded. "It was location given to me from my job."

"Disney gave you a safe house?" Grace asked. "I don't think that they do that."

"They don't," I sighed. "I don't work directly for Disney. Disney is my undercover job."

"Then what's all this Disney stuff coming in for you?" Grace asked.

"Okay, yeah, we do get mail from Disney, but some of the Disney mail have an initial in the right bottom hand corner to let me know it's not Disney related," I replied. "It made to look that way so that I can hide this from you. Only so that you don't get hurt." We got to the safe house and got out. We walked inside and closed the door. "That plan was blown when we were ambushed in our own home." I put the backpack on the couch and Grace sat down. "There is food in this house, if you wanna eat. I gotta make a phone call." I grabbed the backpack and went into the office. I got out a burner phone and called the only number that was programmed. "Come on."