She pressed the button again and I squirmed against the restraints. They did their job and held me fast in place. I watched as Hazel moved over to the table. My eyes grew wide as she picked up a knife and turned to face me, smiling wickedly.

It looked like she had grabbed the biggest knife! She stepped closer to the stretcher and headed for the end that my head was resting on. I struggled furiously as she got closer and closer but it was no use. Finally I sank into the stretcher exhausted.

It was all over. I had imagined myself dying in other ways than this. Perhaps falling to my death from one of the helipods. Maybe getting eaten by a mute, but definitely not from Hazel taking my brain while I was still alive! They could have at least killed me somehow first right?

Hazel had reached me and grabbed my head with one hand. With the other, she raised the knife high into the air. I closed my eyes waiting for the point of the silver knife to plunge into my skull.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

A blaring alarm started to sound and I opened my eyes. Hazel was still standing with the knife raised in the air but she was looking around worriedly. 

Beep! Beep! Beep!

The door burst open and a person flipped into the room. They literally did some kind of gymnastic move or something and landed in the center of the floor. The person was wearing all black combat gear! They had come to rescue me! A gun was pulled out.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Bang!

I turned and saw a small round hole in the center of Hazel's forehead. Her lips quivered and her eyes rolled to the back of her head. She fell in a heap on the floor, the knife still clutched in her hand. I turned back to the person and watched as they slowly removed their helmet.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Man that alarm is loud! The person removed their helmet and I saw that it was Emily! She had come to rescue me! She waved and then when I didn't get up she frowned and ran over to me. She didn't say a word and I was wondering why but didn't wonder for too long. We had to get out of here.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Stupid alarm. Emily pulled me along behind her out of the room. Suddenly I hear a voice. A voice that I remembered.

"Max, what's going on?"

It was Lilian! She was alive!

"I'm being rescued Lilian! Where are you? We have to get you out too."

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Come back for me."

What? Did she not get my last message? We wern't just going to leave her. Suddenly everything started to fade black. I grasped for the remaining light.

"Come back for me."

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I bolted upright from my bed and panted heavily. I was covered in sweat. That had just been a dream. The dream was still fresh in my head and I could still hear Lilian calling for me to come back for her.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

The sound of my watch's alarm made me jump. So that's what that awful noise was! I  lifted my wrist to my face and glanced at the time. 5:00. I groaned. My alarm must have been going off for fifteen minutes! 

Suddenly I remembered that I was supposed to meet Tim, Charles, and Emily at 5:30. I yawned lazily and forced my tired legs to get up. Why did I ever decide on meeting them so early! With my eyes half closed I dragged my feet to the bathroom adjacent to my room and flipped the light on.