chapter 5

It had been 2 months and the same drill was going on.
Omkara would take Ritwik for one week and next week Gauri would take care of him.
It was going good.
Meanwhile, Gauri became close to Dhruv since they were working on the same project.
And Omkara was given hefty work. He had been awarded promotion.

****
One such morning when Ritwik was with him he got a call.
'Hello!' he replied.
'wohooo, you won't believe what's going to happen..'
The person from the other side was so much loud, it made Omkara take his phone away from his ear.
When the person stopped actually killing his ear. Omkara subtly said 'Rudra calm down and tell me what is it that is going to happen??'
'Give it to me...' someone said and forcefully took the phone from Rudra.
Omkara smiled knowing it was his bhabhi...
'Bhabhi! Tell na. What is it?'
'Om... Rudra is getting married!! Can you believe that?'
'what? How come? I mean an ape-like him found someone? Seriously?'
'oye O please yaar' Rudra chided from the other side, while Anika just laughed.
'Where is Gauri? I want to tell this to her'
'ahh... Bhabhi actually Gauri is not home...she went to the office... working on some big thing's he lied.
'Oh! Poor thing, she works so much Omkara! Anyways I'll call her and tell don't worry'.
'No bhabhi, she would be busy don't ...'
'as if I would hear you, phone rakho I'll now talk to my devrani only.'
And before Omkara could say anything, she disconnected the call

He was about to call Gauri but then remembered that he had to go to drop Ritwik.
'shit, Ritwik come fast you'll get late'
'coming dad' and Ritwik ran out of the house. Omkara sent a voice note to Gauri.

****
Gauri was combing her hair when she got called.
It read Rudra.
Gauri smiled, but then she suddenly realized what to say.
She even didn't know whether he had told them all the truth or not.
But at the same, she got a voicemail. She hurriedly cut the call and opened the voicemail
She hears Omkara frantically saying
'Hello, Gauri Anika bhabhi is going to call you, I told them you are in the office, something big is up...I haven't told them about us, please handle...Oye bus roko...roko' and it stopped.
She could hear Omkara going breathless. And felt bad.
'if only it was not that bad between us, we would have gathered this marriage once again Omkara' she said to herself
'what are you talking?' Pinky barged in..
'Nothing mom, ohh! I'm sorry I have to accept this call Mom, can you give me some time?' and she ran from there.
Gauri reached in the lawn and looked around to see whether her mom was looking. She saw her peeking from the window.
Gauri picked up the phone
'Gauri it seems you are quite busy?'
'Nai bhabhi tell na why did you call?'
'arey you won't be able to believe what had just happened!!'
'What?'
'Rudy is getting married. Unbelievable right?'
'wow!! Rudra is finally getting married, when is the marriage?'
'lo karlo baat I didn't tell Omkara about the date...Gauri you work, I won't take your time...I'll tell Omkara other details...but Tonight we'll call you...ladki wale are coming...they badly want to meet you and Om and our Rick'
'okay Bhabhi' she said and cut the call.
Gauri cam inside the house
'who was on the call beta??'
'Nothing mom one of my employees...' she smiled weakly and went from there.

Later that day after lunch she messaged Omkara that his family was going to Skype them and what they should do.

Omkara read the message and replied
'can you do me a favor? Please come home we'll discuss everything before they call'
'why haven't you told them about us?'
'i didn't get time'
'fine I'll go'
'Thank you so much'

****
Gauri had her keys to the apartment. She opens it and was shocked to see the situation..
All the apartment was a mess.
She whined 'Omkara!!!'
She would have to clean this mess.
She hurriedly went to the kitchen to find it clean..
She was shocked..
'the hall is a mess and kitchen is clean? How is this possible?' she thought to herself. And went to their room. To see it was exactly the way she had left it...just the same way.