Sometimes whats real is something you can't see part 3

A/n: bigger authors note at the bottom. Idk why lots of my recent chapters involve kids??? I hate kids??? I guess you requesters have been hit with baby fever recently.

With the world on such a dire state, it was clear the newly re-united taskforce would have to put their emotions aside. L was constantly on edge having you and (s/n) in taskforce with him, but it was all he could do. For months now, you'd been avoiding Light like the plague. But Misa was a little different. Your plan was to guilt her into siding with you and giving up Light and herself. It wasn't all that hard actually.

As long as you wore some kind of mask, you were safe. You didn't know if Light would resort to physical abuse, but you knew Misa wouldn't.

Today was the final nail in the coffin for her. After months of 'sneaking away from taskforce' to hang out with her because you 'missed her friendship', which to be fair... you kind of did. If only she weren't Kira. You'd built up that bond you used to have again, the plot twist was that she didn't know you and L were married and had a child.

As someone who lost her parents herself and was a scared, lonely child. She's never hurt a child. Ever. If you plan worked, she's see you had a child, find out L is the father and subsequently view him as human, not a threat.

If she knew that killing L or you would leave an innocent child in the same place she was in, she wouldn't do it. You knew that for sure. It just had to go well. So today you'd organised to have her come back to taskforce for the first time in years to see all the old taskforce members again. You knew Light would have set her up to spy, so you made sure everyone was wearing some form of a mask.

You'd messaged L that you were about to get back to HQ, that being his alert to start playing a game with (s/n). Misa will see L has a child, probably be quiet shocked and that would set the domino chain in her mind falling. When she sees the bond they have, that'll make the chain speed up. And finally when she find out you, her best friend, is the mother the chain will fully collapse.

So you mentally held your breath as you led her up the stairs of the taskforce building.

"Wow! Apart from all the dust it hasn't changed at all!" She said.

"Yeah were still working on the dust" you replied.

"I'm surprised everything still works"

"Me too honestly, just up here"

You walked down the hallways, Misa following close behind. Your hand touched the cold doorknob, anxiety filling your body.

This was the moment of truth.

You turned the handle, pushing the door open and just as planned, your husband was playing on the floor with his son. Misas eyes immediately fell on the small child, his laughter making his presence known.

"I'm going to win!" He exclaimed.

"Not if I win first!" L replied.

"You can't win! You don't have any of the right cards"

The boy put another animal card into the pile, ready to call snap at any moment.

"I might, you never know"

L put another card down, not matching the one on the pile. (S/n) smiled under his mask and quickly put a card down, slamming his hand onto the pile.

"SNAP! I WIN DADDY I WIN!"

Misas eyes went wide. Daddy? That was L's child?

Almost the instant she heard that, the old image of L was burnt up in her mind, and a new one began to form. So L wasn't just some smart, slightly perverse, overtired detective.