Chapter 54 Long enough?

Chapter 54

Crappy warehouse. Ripped jeans. Glamour Kills shirt. Pop punk music. With the Hustlers. And yes, this kind of ambiance exists.

It’s December 14 now and we are feting on an old building cross the downtown, in celebration of Alex Gaskarth’s birthday. This is supposed to be held at Posh District but some Hustlers demanded that we take this party unto the next level. We’re no kids to stick with the norms.

Before, I got scared because I thought they’re bringing us to where members of Mafia hide. Too much movies, really. Pero nang makita ko na cool naman pala, hindi na ako natakot pa. Plus, I have Mitch with me.

“Maghanda ka. Mananakit tayo,” she said a while ago, acting like a ninja.

“Please act like a human for a second or two,” I replied sarcastically. I told her not to creep out this bunch of awesome people. Thankfully, she did what I just said. On the other hand, I can’t just nag at her because I asked her a favor. Dapat naman ay hindi niya ako sasamahan dito, but because I don’t have any companion, she volunteered herself. Friendship gives parasitism a whole new perspective, I kidded.

At isa pa, bakit hindi siya sasama? Libre ang food. Some rich fan girls sponsored this event. From the food to the place, to the sound system and down to every small details. I contributed myself, I think that’s enough. Being physically present is far more important. What a lame reason a broke person like me has to say, I know.

Everyone was hanging loose on the middle of the night. While they are busy meeting with people, I flirted with the food. May nag-order ng Big Guys! Pizza—which was utterly awesome! I couldn’t care less if my shirt would shrink in no time. I just ate like a beast.

Habang abala ako sa pagkain, bigla na lamang may humila sa akin.

“Saan mo ba ako dadalhin?” I demanded. Binitawan ko tuloy ang plato na puno ng pagkain. Sayang! I had thin crust on my plate. And they were brown, for whoever’s sake!

“Huwag ka diyan!” aniya at hinigit pa ako.

“Problema mo?” tanong ko at nagmasid ako sa paligid. Tila ba mayroon siyang iniiwasan na tao.

“Kilala mo ‘yun?” tanong niya at dinuro ang babaeng nasa puwesto ko kanina. We’re watching her as she gets her food. I feel envious now. Mabuti pa siya ay makakain ng malaya, hindi kagaya ko.

“Hindi. Bakit?” sagot ko.

“She looks familiar. Siya yata ‘yung nakuwento ko sa’yo dati sa facebook,” she said, pulling me a little closer to her. We now look like mongers.

“Madami kang nakuwento. Enlighten me,” I demanded.

“Grabe naman ‘yang pagiging makakalimutin mo!” she said out of frustration. Was it my fault that she’s a talker and she’d narrated too much stories I hardly remember? “Kamukha niya kasi ‘yung isang creepy girl na nag-pm sa akin. Huwag kang lalapit. Parang leader ng mga kulto, eh. I saw her profile picture and she looked like a grand slam necromancer.”