Dear Wattpad, Have a Snickers

Start from the beginning

4) No status bar! Wattpad, for someone longing to be like the social networking sites, you sure did make a DUMB decision in taking away one of the beloved social features here. The status bar. Why? Of all things, why the status bar? Why'd you take it from us? You big bully. Please give it back. Please.

5) Only one story with its information is showing and the rest are all shoved at the bottom. Many of us like our works to have an equal amount of attention and if we wanted to promote one story in specific we would do that using the status bar! "This is what I'd put in my status bar, IF I HAD ONE!!!"

6) Dedications! Come on now, was this necessary? You changed how the dedications work and now get lost in our message board! We liked our dedications where they were, proudly on display to showcase that a) the author loves us and b) it was a bit of free advertising for the author too.  We like our dedications separate and not buried underneath our activities.

7) Activity showcase. Okay look, before, someone had to follow a person because they could see all the activity that this person does. Now? Any old creepy stalker could just look on someone's profile and watch their every move, breathing heavy and munching on unhealthy foods while thinking about what a disappointment they are in life. Do you think we want some hairy bald guy (yes, I know, I know, but you get what I mean) scratching himself inappropriately and checking out my activities in his mother's basement? Now even if I block the creep he can still check see whatever I do. Thanks Wattpad, you're helping the stalkers win. #Stalkpad <.<

8) Rude. You've become quite rude lately. You forced the layouts on everyone, some before others, and then lied about or ignored our complaints. You're probably not listening to me right now. Don't roll your eyes, they'll get dirty. Pick them up, put them back in your head, and listen to me....with your ears. Thank you. Now, There are dozens upon dozens of books, forums, and discussions about the new layouts where so many people are complaining about at least one of the above issues. But you choose to ignore them. You lie to yourself and to others, claiming that most people enjoy the new set up and that we'll get used to it. That is just irresponsible. That's so immature and honestly I am very disappointed in you.

9) OTHER ISSUES! Seriously Wattpad, get it together. Just about everyday you've been having issues for a good while now. The site is under maintenance, the inboxes aren't working, servers cannot connect, comments are down, followers on our profiles are lost, etc etc. You're so focused on these stupid new layouts, you're not even giving attention to these stupid issues you're having inside. On the site and on the app there are just so many freakn bugs and issues, I thought I stumbled into a cheap motel. <.< Seriously Wattpad, fix that crap and forget the stupid layouts.

10) MORE CHANGES?!! Are you kidding me? Aside from the stupid layouts, and lack of status bars, you're changing the way we write too? In the create section, you want to make it so we can only label our stories with ONE category?! What sense does that make? You claim it's to give more people a chance to shine and to make finding a story easier, but that's the exact opposite result. Look, I for one have never really had high rankings. The closest I've gotten is #26 in spiritual for my story Chasing Dreams. I'm competing against some top notch authors out there, but at least I could get nice rankings in another category one the side and be happy with that. Now, with everyone limited to one pool, I'll either get high rankings to be at the top or be burried underneath the crap ton of other authors forced to limit their works into one category.

To be honest, some other sites offer THREE categories for authors to label their stories. Want to know why? Because sometimes a story isn't just a spiritual, sometimes it's an action adventure story with tons of spritual/religious themes and feels (ahem Empires of Faith ahem). Sometimes a story isn't just a romance, it's an action packed, romantical, life story of personal growth and dreams and spiritual themes. (Chasing Dreams). Or an action filled, teen-fiction, scifi adventure with a touch of spirituality (ahem The Legendary Warriors).  Bottom line, you can't expect authors to just write up their amazing stories and then label them with one category. I mean, what if we had to describe everything like that? Describe an apple? Fruit. A bird? Animal. A person? Man. (don't attack me feminists :P ). Now does that tell me anything about that apple, that bird, or that person? Not really. I don't get much of a clue what sort of focus I should give to it. The detail is just to broad and doesn't narrow anything down enough. Bottom line, one category only is a DUMB decision. 

These are just ten of the main things myself and the others don't like about what you've become. There are more but I've chosen to spare your ego in hopes that you'll take what I'm saying to heart and work to improve it. Please Wattpad, for your sake and ours, listen to our voices. Don't be so proud to say, "We have a discussion board here about it, talk," and then not even bother to listen. We say these things because we care and want what's best for you.

I know you think you're being cool and fresh and innovative and us users just need to get with the times, this is how things are, etc etc. But listen Watty, if there's one thing everyone needs to remember, it's that the past shapes the future. You should never forget who you are. When there's something good in you, don't change it in a bad attempt to make it better. As the saying goes, if it ain't broke, DON'T fix it. Wattpad, you had a few minor flaws before, but you weren't broken. Now? You're a wreck.

Wattpad you are a disappointment to me and several others. I sincerely hope you take every word of this discussion to heart and make an honest effort to improve. Until then, myself and many others will continuously remind you just how disappointed we are in you. We will not give in, for we are a stubborn generation. We will raise a fuss and knock you at every opporunity. I am not the first to say these things and I will not be the last. You can either listen to us, or keep suffering it. And if you think to just ignore us or move to shut us up with some bogus attack, we'll just abandon you altogether. We're sick of your crap Larry. 

Now, throw your candy wrapper away and go upstairs to do your homework; we'll call you down when dinner's ready. And remember, GIVE US BACK OUR OLD LAYOUTS!!!!