12.0 - Tears

Beginne am Anfang

"Come on, Megan," I spoke to myself, trying to give myself some encouragement. I continued to stay close to him, taking chances to try and overtake him but failing and becoming more and more desperate with each attempt. 

Each moment that passed, I knew I needed to go to the toilet more and more. I had to end this soon or give up.

I pushed closer to him, and as soon as we got to the corner I went on the inside, but this time I didn't get scared or hold back when he pulled in front of me, I hoped he was going to let me through. Instead, I ended up ploughing the front of my car into the back of his. My head slammed forward due to the speed of the impact before bouncing back and hitting the back of my seat. The noises were loud and horrible, but I realised it was just the helmet as I could move my head and neck just fine.

Groaning loudly I realised the car had come to a stop as I reached for my neck which was throbbing. I rubbed the back of my neck before I removed my helmet and let it fall from my hands to the ground outside of the car. 

"Megan?" I heard Gianluca in my ears, but I reached for my headphones and pulled them out. I should have assured him I was okay, but I needed some silence.

I leaned my head forward and put it on the steering wheel as I heard my name again, "Megan?" The German accent was strong as he spoke my name, he was close as I felt a hand on my right shoulder. 

Moving by myself, I looked up at him before I spoke softly, "Are you okay?"

"You're the one still in the car," he pointed out as he offered his hand to me. 

My eyes looked over at his gloved hands before I looked away and took the steering wheel from the car and climbed out unaided. I looked up at the man before me, "Would you have done that on the track?"

"Of course," he spoke without thinking.

I shook my head at him, "You're telling me that if we were in, I dunno." I thought for a moment, "We're at Hockenheimring, you're going to fuck yourself, and whoever is behind you like that?"

His silence gave me the truthful answer, I sighed as I picked up my helmet, headphones and wheel. I started to walk away from him, but he called me back, which stopped me, but I didn't turn to look at him. "Megan, it's not like that."

"How is it then?" I asked before I turned and looked at him. "Ever seen I arrived here you seemed to have it in for me. You didn't even want me working for you to start with," my voice was rising as I confronted him. "I saw the way you looked over at me, I might not be as good as your previous test driver, but I'm going to try my damn hardest to do my best."

Sebastian just stared at me, he didn't speak, he didn't even try. 

Gianluca and Dino came into view behind him as they ran towards us, I watched over Sebastian's shoulder, shaking my head to myself before the two lads caught up. "Oh my God, are you two okay?" Dino asked as he looked flustered. 

Gianluca was catching his breath before he looked between myself and Sebastian. "What the fuck happened out there?"

I looked at Sebastian, holding his gaze. The stare we shared was intense as I spoke to the others, "Maybe you could ask him." I was talking about Sebastian even as I glared at him. I turned my attention to Gianluca, "I'm taking those two days either way."

Not wanting to get denied I headed away, quickly leaving the scene. I couldn't stand to be in Sebastian's presence after that little stunt he just pulled. 

XOXOX

Standing in Paola's office, I watched as she poured herself a coffee and then looked up at me. I had since gotten changed back into my office clothes. She had requested my presence almost immediately, I didn't want to deal with this right now, but it was better than some of the options I had.