Chapter 1: A Million Fans Away

(Dallon's POV)

I wasn't always this tall.

So I obviously couldn't him to remember me, especially not in a crowd of hundreds of faces, where I was just one of millions have people whose lives he had saved. But my saving was different. After it, I could never forget his deep brown eyes, his stunning smile, his firm muscles underneath his jacket that was slick from the winter sleet.

But he saved me with something tangible, not just words and notes. I could still feel his hand on my arm as I looked at him over the fans that separated us, not just the ones admiring him on stage, but every single one he had ever touched. Even through all of those fans, I could still feel him yanking me away, not just from the oncoming car , but from the misery of my life. Though he didn't know it then, and he certainly wouldn't know now.

So I stared at him on the stage, sweat shining off of his beautiful muscles, just another face in the crowd. Of course, at that point, I didn't realize that pretty soon, I'd become much more than just a face to him. So I stared, his face the only one in the world to me. Staring, watching, wishing. And soon, my silent wishes would come true.