Freedom

Hc: in between cases you and L like to explore the world and go on long road trips.

The wind blew through your hair as you sped down the highway of LA, the BB murders just wrapped up. You decided to have some fun in America while you were there, so you rented a convertible and set off for the best beaches. But they were a little way way, that meant a road trip. This was the part of travelling for cases you liked the most, doing something fun with L to rewind afterwards. You watched the palm trees that lined the roads go by, your sunglasses blocking the wind from your eyes.

The covered backseat containing your bags and beach gear as you'd planned to spend a few nights in a beach house. The radio playing all the hits from the 90s as it had just entered the 2000s, and all the radio stations were looking back on all the hits of the last decade. This was the only time L ever drove himself, when going on road trips with you. Just the two of you. You'd gotten up early that day, at 5am to set off for the beaches and it had reached just past 2pm, you'd been driving for ages and stopped at a diner for lunch. Best burgers you'd ever had man.

You could see the coast line approaching at the end of the long road, getting exited to screw around at the beach. You looked over at L who you'd forced into a sun hat, in an attempt to protect his fragile extremely pale skin from the harsh sun, and tied it under his chin so it wouldn't fly off as you drove.

"About time!" You smiled.

"That's why I made you get up so early, if we left at 8 we would have ended up here at 7pm" he replied.

The beach got closer as you pulled off the highway and onto one of the street roads. The smell of salt water and the sound of sea gulls filling your senses. It'd been ages since you'd had a beach day, and it was the middle of summer so you were really exited.

At long last you pulled up into the parking lot of the beach house resort. You got out, eager to get in the water. You'd left the hotel from the case in your bathers, ready to jump straight in. But you had to check in first. You both got up to the reception desk and checked in, getting the key to your beach house. You dragged your suitcases behind you, looking for your house number.

"37...38...39! Here!" You smiled, rushing up and unlocking the door.

You opened it and looked in awe at the pretty little house. L didn't go halfway with booking venues. There was a breakfast bar, a surfboard on the wall, a TV mounted on the wall with a sofa in front of it. A winding stair case off the the side that lead to the bedroom and bathroom. A clothes line could be seen out the back door alongside a table and chairs.

"Woah! This place looks so nice!"

"I thought you'd like it, I know you like the whole beach aesthetic" L replied.

"You sure don't go half way" you said.

"I'd rather pay a little extra to have a nice place than a bad one, let's go upstairs"

You made your way up the winding stair case and were met with two doors. The bathroom and the bedroom.

You checked the bathroom first. There was a big bath, bubble bath sitting on the side. A shower head connected to it as well. One wall was entirely mirror, the sink counter lined with shell decorations and complimentary mini shampoo bottles.

"Woah, fancy" you marvelled, liking what you saw.

"Haven't seen a mirror wall before, looks kind of cool actually"

"I know, and look at the bath! It could fit like 7 people!"

"It's got jets too! It's like a jacuzzi tub!" L said, suddenly interested.