[47] Torn Apart

CHAPTER 47 - TORN APART

Aston's POV

Naramdaman ko ang pagluwag ng pagkakayakap sa akin ni Lena, but I only held her tighter.

I don't want to let go...

"I love you, I love you, I love you" paulit ulit kong bulong sa kanya ngunit para nalang akong nakayakap sa isang hindi gumagalaw na katawan.

Lena was shaking, but she wasn't responsive. Hindi ko siya kayang harapin, I didn't want to face the resentment in her eyes.

We stayed like that for a while...hanggang sa...niluwagan ko na ang yakap ko sa kanya.

We faced each other habang nanatili kaming nakayuko...

"I love you..." she whispered

"All my life...you're the only one. All my life...Aston..."

Bagamat nakayuko ito, kitang kita ko ang paglandas ng luha mula sa kanyang mga mata.

"Thank you for protecting me...for wanting my safety...but... I can't live with myself right now Aston... I can't live with knowing that those people died not only because of me, but for me. Everything is in chaos right now"

Lena looked up to me, with her eyes filled with tears...

"Perhaps ito ang resulta pag ipinilit ang hindi talaga..." she croaked. I wanted to pull her to me, to hug her and say that we are meant to be together, but I knew...I knew that maybe the universe conspired us to be apart...

Our gazes met as if our eyes were telling what we both refused to acknowledge.

"Ang tagal na nating lumalaban Aston..." she whimpered

"Hindi ko na alam kung paano..." she desperately tried to wipe her tears away...my hands slipped from her shoulders.

"I did this" I said, parang may bikig sa lalamunan ko. I could feel that everything has crumbled now. I tried my best to smile.

"Maybe hanggang dito nalang ang kaya nating ipaglaban" I said at dumilat ito

"A-Aston?" but then nagyuko ito... right then... I knew...

I want to fight for you Lena...

but for me to do that without hurting you yet again...

I must...let you go

I held her face, maybe for the last time... I also saw it in her eyes...

"We're living too different lives Lena... I don't want to ruin you... I don't want to be selfish...that's why..." hindi ko nasabi ang gusto kong sabihin, tears choked me.