two

jorge pov

i woke up the next day with smile on my face. i was actually excited to go to school, that was rare. i dreaded walking through those doors each day, parting from the safety my mother provided. but today, i was excited. i looked forward to seeing benji.

i was in the backseat of my moms car, nearly bouncing in my seat.

"what's making you so happy today?" she asked, looking at me through the rear view mirror.

"i made a friend."

"what's his name?"

"benjamin but everyone calls him benji."

she nodded softly to herself, a big smile growing on her face, probably happy i finally made a friend.

"will i ever get to meet this benji?"

"i don't know. can we have a play date? i'll ask him today!"

"yes of course! invite him over this weekend."

"okay thank you mommy! i love you!" i said, unbuckling my seat belt and giving her a kiss on the cheek as she pulled into the drop off zone.

i hopped out of the car and practically skipped into the school building, looking forward to recess much more than normal.

i say through the day, blocking out the insults and snickers i received from numerous other kids.

**

i ran out the doors of the large building and over to the swing sets, waiting. i sat down and my feet dangled, not being able to touch the ground.

then someone pushed me. it was a gentle push, and i started to swing. then benji jumped on the swing next to me.

"hi jorge."

"benji!"

we both giggled and smiled with each other.

"hey my mommy said that you can come over this weekend, so i was thinking you could maybe come after school on friday and we can have a sleepover." i told the other boy on the swing next to me.

"really?" his face lit up as he smiled wide. "i'll ask my parents when i get home today! i reallyyyyy hope they say yes!"

**

i hear a knock at the front door and i run out of my room as fast as i can. i swing the door open to see benji standing there, a backpack on his back and a pillow tucked under his arm. his mom is standing behind him with a smile as she sees me.

i walk up closer to benji and wrap my arms around his waist. he wraps his free arm around me in return.

"i'm so happy you could come!" i say to benji, then look up to him mom and say, "thank you so so so so so much mrs. krol!" before grabbing benji's pillow and walking him to my bedroom where we'd be sleeping.

he sets his bag down in the corner and jumps on my bed, i do the same.

"so what do you wanna do?" he asks.

"we could play? i have lots of toys."

"yay! where are they?"

i jumped to the ground and pulled a box out of my closet that contained a bunch of different toys. he followed me and we sat on the floor. he pulled out some legos and we started to build with them.

it was about an hour later when my mom called us out for dinner. we ate spaghetti, and it was amazing. my moms always been the best cook. we both finished eating and continued playing around until it was time for bed. we both got in our pajamas, brushed our teeth and climbed into my bed, my mom tucking us in before she left.

"c-can we cuddle?" i hear the taller boy say quietly from next to me.

"yes," i reply with a smile.

i then feel him move his body so he's close to me and his arm is wrapped around my smaller body. i can feel his warmth against my back. i felt protected. a smile crept its way onto my face and i slowly fell asleep.

-

hey guys! i don't really have much to say but i hope you enjoyed this chapter. love you guys!