Bullied part 1(Max and Billy)

Billy is a supportive brother to Max and they have a stable (so stable they can handle) relationship. Billy discovers that Max is being bullied. How does he handle it? And how will it end? 

Max runs into Billy's Camero and slams the door again so hard that Billy raises his eyebrows towards her. Her mouth gips pointed downwards and her thin eyebrows frowned. Billy had an unexplained urge to smooth out the wrinkles on her face and stretch out a hand towards her but quickly let it fall as he realized what he was going to do. She braids her arms over her chest and exhales.
Billy can't help but wonder what happened to get his sister upset. But he knew better than to ask her out. She would become suspicious and angry with him for that. He needed to be soft, relaxed as if he didn't care. He must treat her the same way he treats his friends to make her see him on the same level. "Do you want me to pick you up after school tomorrow? Or will Dick Head Harrington drive you?" he asks with his eyes on the road in front of him. He knows that Max and her friends actually like Steve, but his sister's friendship with him doesn't change how Billy feels about him.

"No, he doesn't do that, he's going to work tomorrow," she said.
"Should he put on his ridiculous little hat," he asks, laughing at the memory of Harrington's ridiculous uniform he is forced to wear at work.
"Cut it out" 
she bursts out and he lets go and looks at her. Her face is comically red like her hair and he can't help but think that she looks like a tomato with eyes and an angry grimace."So I'll pick you up after school?" he asks, looking again at the road so that they do not have to be involved in a traffic accident.
"No you do not have to" 
"And why not? Are you planning to fly home?" he asked her. Max doesn't want to explain to him. She doesn't want him to see her as a weak little kid. She wants to show him that she can be like him."I'm going to ride on my skateboard home" she announced.

"You can't do that, I'll come and get you" Billy can't let his little sister go home alone from school on that board. It's like asking her to be hit by a car. And if something happens to her, he has to pay. And Billy doesn't want to have a "conversation" about respect with Nail. He has already had many such "conversations" in his life.

"No, you is not picking me up!" she screams and raises the radio in protest so that the rattling sound that Billy calls music fills the car. 

"Don't touch my car!" he screams even louder than the music which is deafening and higher than Max had screamed. He tries to be calm and patient with her. He tries to be a good brother to her but she makes it so difficult for him to succeed in his goal.

"I touch it now, I'm in the seat. Soon you say well I can't breathe the same air as you breathe" she just teases him with it and she knows it but she can't help it. 

"Fine, you can go all the fucking way home on your damn skateboard!" he succumbs with anger. 

***

Max knows that she should not behave the way she did in the car against him. But she wants to be a strong person who takes care of his own crap, which he does. She wants to succeed and put fear in people just as people put fear in her. But she knows she's not that strong and she's scared, but she can't admit it to him.
She can hear Billy from his room and his door is open so that the light shines from the lamp on his bedside table. It had felt so nice to just have to tell him everything. He might understand. He may be able to help her but she is too scared. She was afraid he would make fun of her like everyone else does. But when she thought about going and giving up her attempt to get help, what she didn't want would happen.He sees her and she does not know if he is still angry with her.
"Shit head, what do you want?" he asks as he stands in the door. He has a cigarette between his lips and a button down shirt.
"I ... I" she stammered. And Max knows how much Billy hates when she stutters.
"What, you little shit?" he exclaims.
"I just wanted to say good night. So good night ... bird face" she said. Her chance was gone to tell him.

Billy was a little shocked at her sudden attempt to wish him a good night. It was a deviation in her behaviour that he found odd. They do not say good night to warn, not often in any case. They say good night to each other when Nail sees them. Something is not right with her and he should find out what is bothering his little sister.