Prologue: The Letters

Start from the beginning

Jack was stunned to say the least, how did this man, who he had never met, know so much about him and his family. His family. The family that he had never known. No fond memories of his parents or images that flashed through his mind. Not even pictures of them so he could know what his parents looked like. With a raspy voice Jack finally spoke.

"So, what do I have to do to get into this school?"

"You're already in." North said, handing him an envelope.

The letter had some sort of logo on it, but Jack had already opened it.

Jack Frost
2nd floor, Oswald Orphanage
24 Toffee Lane
London, England

Dear Mr Frost
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We expect your owl no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,
Bunnymund Hopps
Deputy Headmaster

Jack couldn't believe it, this was impossible. This was...

"What kind of a name is 'Bunnymund'?" He asked, sniggering at the name. North himself let out a deep-throat chuckle.

"Yes it is quite a odd name, but he is a good teacher nonetheless. So Jack, what do you say, do you want to go to Hogwarts?" The question was answered in less than a second, with quite a few nods of his head.

"Excellent! I will come back here in two weeks to take you to get all your necessaries. It was a pleasure to meet you again and I can't wait to see you at school. I know you will do amazing things, I can feel it... in my belly." North finished his meeting with Jack with a few pats on his stomach. Then he stood up and walked out of Jack's room.

Jack had no idea what was to come but for the first time in his life, he couldn't wait to go to school.
_

_____________________________________

DunBroch, Scotland

Merida's POV

Breath in, breath out.
Aim small, miss small.
Pull back the arrow.
And...
Release.

Zooooom.

The arrow went directly through the previous one, in the bulls eye zone. The smirk on Merida of DunBroch show how proud she was of her accuracy. A distant sound of horn was heard from a massive castle she called home. She collected the rest of her arrows and jumped on a pony she had to use instead of a real horse.

As she arrived to the dining hall, all the food was being placed by four house-elfs, who scarry away once their job was done. At the head chair sat her father, King Fergus, and to his left sat Queen Elinor, her mother.

Merida ran to her chair and was about to tuck in when.

"Merida! No weapons on the table." And with her mom's word being final, she put her bow on the side of her chair.