Just by her expression, I know that Raven is getting stronger, and Flame is going to fight them with Mole because X wants them too. But for more than that. Flame wants to avenge his friend's death, Willow. She died the day I sprained my ankle and it healed magically. Nix is her younger sister, the one I remember Flame cradling because she was so unconsolable. Willow died on a mission against the Raven. That means we've been in a secret war for two months now and we didn't even know. Great, more surprises. Next thing you know I'll see John again.

"I guess I don't know," I reply.

"Do me a favor, Zoe. Go get your group and go say goodbye to Flame. Maybe he'll stay if he has four kids he cares about wishing he wouldn't leave. If not, then you'll be able to say goodbye and you won't see your trainer for two weeks."

I nod my head and Nix smiles, "You remind me of your mom."

"I've been told that."

"Now go find your friends. They should be in the arena watching the fight for today."

"Thanks," I start to head off but Nix stops me.

"Why aren't you there?" she raises an eyebrow.

"Oh I uh...I had stuff to do."

Nix smirks, "You don't like the battles either, do you?"

I shake my head just to get this conversation over with.

"My room is always open," she points to the room behind her saying, "Although this one is Flame's room. Mine's a little down the hall."

I laugh, "Okay, thank you."

She nods, "Go find your friends."

I back out of the hallway and start heading the direction I think the arena is. I guess right and soon I hear crowds cheering and sounds of battle. I get to the doors and rest my hand on the handle.

When I turn it and open the door, someone's hand slams is shut from behind me. I yelp and back into him. I whip my head around and see Jack's face inches away from mine. His breath smells like cigarettes mixed with alcohol. 

"Hiya Zoe," he says with a smile. 

I duck and move away from him, "Hello Jack, haven't seen you in awhile."

"I've been busy."

I slowly start to back away, hoping I'll find someone. "Busy how?"

"With a lot of things," he starts walking towards me, "like training and fighting," he takes a few more steps, "learning, watching."

"That's cool," I say in a shaky voice.

"I have a few questions to ask you," he wiggles a finger at me.

"Like?"

"Like what other perks you got from being the daughter of Vision."

Chills run down my spine and I feel my stomach drop, "What d-do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean," he replies sternly. Jack sounds like he's a little more than tipsy. "X let you in because your mother, Vision went here."

"And?"

"And I don't think it's very fair," he continues to walk towards me, "Kids like you always get the special treatment. Having family that went here makes you look better and more creditable to Mr. X, and I want that."

"Then stay a good student, and then when you have a son or daught—"

He cuts me off saying, "No you idiot, I want it. Screw any kids I'm going to have. I want the glory of having a place in this compound."