"But I can prove it!"

"Oh, how?"

"I got one of its scales, see." Nora pulled a large circular object from her skirt pocket and showed it to Ren." Nora, that's a rock." Nora's reply came as a scoff. "You clearly aren't looking close enough, try again."

The two were an odd sight entering the cafeteria with Nora holding a rock up to Ren's face and Ren doing his best to ignore her. They seemed no different than usual.

But again, Ren could see a distinct lack of happiness at the table. Velvet and Pyrrha were both wrapped around Jaune's arms, pretending to be as happy as can be, while Jaune did his best to ignore them.

'Looks familiar…'

Nora and Ren grabbed themselves some food and sat at the table opposite of Jaune. Ren was the first to speak. "So Jaune, how have things been lately?"

Jaune looked up to Ren calmly. "Why, everything is fine Ren, why do you ask?" Ren looked pretty annoyed. "Well, with everything that's been happening these past few weeks and based off of what happened this morning I could only imagine that you're a little out of it."

Jaune faked confusion. "What's been happening these past few weeks?" Ren only gestured to the two girls on Jaunes arms. Jaune lost his fake look of confusion and gave Ren a look that showed they would talk of things later.

"Really Ren, I don't know what you're talking about. You must be imagining things." Ren got the point. "You're right, forget I said anything."

While everyone else was oblivious to the exchange, Nora couldn't help but notice. After the bell signalling the end of Lunch rang, Nora held Ren up to talk to him.

"Ren, what's going on? You and Jaune are acting really weird." Ren gave Nora a look of annoyance. "Jaune has to make a decision soon, four more days if I remember correctly. I'm just going to see how far he's come."

Nora looked confused. "But… does it have anything to do with you?" Ren looked shocked. "What do you mean, of course it does." Nora started to look sure of herself.

"Not really, this is between Velvet, Pyrrha and Jaune. Why do you think none of team RWBY have done anything? They know it's got nothing to do with them, the same is for you."

Ren could only stare, mouth agape at Nora. Throughout all his life, he had never seen her so… profound. "I-I guess you're right Nora, it doesn't have anything to do with me." Nora smiled widely, back to her normal self.

"Of course not, now come on! We're gonna be late for class." She grabbed his hand and rushed for their next class together. They don't actually have it together; Nora is skipping her real class. But she doesn't care.

She gets to be with Ren after all.

The bell had rung for the final class of the day and Jaune couldn't have been more relieved. He was exhausted.

Ren obviously wanted to talk about his current predicament as well, so Jaune solemnly trudged out of the classroom and back towards his dorm, bracing himself for the Hell he knew would come.

Opening the door, Jaune crept inside to find Ren sitting on his bed alone. "Hey Ren, you wanted to talk about something?" Ren turned around and looked Jaune dead in the eye.

"Nope."

Jaune was just stuck staring. He had never seen Ren act so informal. 'He must be taking lessons from Ruby.'

"On another note, would you like to accompany me to the training grounds? Pyrrha and Nora are already there." Jaune was still staring. "Uhh, sure. Let's go."