- Chapter one -

"Gemma how many more times do I have to tell you to put your things in the car?!" Shouted Layla from outside.

Gemma tumbled out of the house, carrying a box and a suitcase. She slung them in the car and puffed.

"You're looking forward to moving" she said, raising her eyebrows, still out of breath.

"Gemma I really am. That's why you need to hurry up!" She paused and looked at her phone. "Speaking of hurrying up- wheres Tom and Andy? They were supposed to be here five minutes ago! Honestly I think I'm the only one that wants to move!"

She slumped down into the drivers seat. Layla and Gemma had been bestfriends since middle school and were studying at university together. They had met Andy and Tom at university and had grown a close bond, so they all moved in together.

"I'm so glad to be moving away from this shithole" she said, looking at the poxy house. It was not an appropriate establishment for all four of them to live in anymore.

She wiped her glasses before going to complain about the house again.

"It was tiny! I can't believe how we have survived for so long."

Gemma sat in the passenger seat.

"Layla, quit the moaning. We're moving okay? Tom and Andy will be here any second. They've only gone to get some food from the shop. They'll be here very soon, and then we can get going."

Before Layla could respond, the rusty old ford focus pulled up on the grass outside the house. It contaminated the air with stinking fumes that made them cough and complain.

"This damn car! We've had about 20 miles out of the shitty little thing!" Andy shouted as he kicked the side of it in a moment of anger.

"Calm down man. Anyway, I'm sure Layla can give us a ride to out new house." He smirked and kissed Layla on the cheek, sweeping her long black hair out of her face. Her big brown eyes met with his almost exact same eyes as she combed his caramel brown hair through her fingers. They smiled at each other and both drew away. They looked at Andy and Gemma, who both stood awkwardly next to each other.

"Are you two still not together?" Tom laughed.

"Dude shut your mouth before I come over there and do something I might regret" Andy replied, his face glowing red.

Andy and Tom were also bestfriends. Tom started dating Layla in university, yet Andy and Gemma had just stayed as friends.

Andy flicked his curly blonde hair out of his face, his blue eyes sparkling in the sun light. He glanced over at Gemma who was plaiting her long ginger locks, her green eyes staring at her shoes.

"So then... Let's get going!" shouted Layla, breaking the awkward silence that had eared it's way in.