Kyungsoo bristled at that. His mother could be as stubborn as he was and if she needed some kind of explanation from him whether it'd be about missing a family event or a family dinner, she was rather persistent to know what was going on with him.

"If I tell you, will you sleep then?" he finally proposed a deal of his own. She nodded finally giving him a satisfied smile, and put his phone down on the table.

Just Before Kyungsoo could start speaking, Kyungsoo's mother got up to grab a snack for the both of them and two cups of hot tea. He thanked her.

Kyungsoo started to stack the screenplays together in one neat pile and put them on the end of the table.

He looked at the table in front of him noticing that the intentional designed cracks on it looked different this time. He guessed it was cause he hadn't been home for the past few months that everything started to look different. He had been spending most of his time either at the dorm where Chanyeol and Sehun were both staying or at Jihyun's apartment.

As he looked at the table longingly, an alarm went on his phone. The notification read: "Call Jihyun".  It was the alarm for his daily routine every midnight. At a time like this, he'd wake up from his alarm that would notify him to call her. He'd call just to check up on her studying and to make sure she was eating her snacks and is taking study breaks to prevent information overload. She'd then often respond to him overthinking "Oppa, I think I'm gonna fail." and he in turn, would try to make her feel better by saying she's the best psychologist he knows. Sometimes it'd make her laugh and sometimes she'd scoff at it, knowing he was teasing her again. Then he'd fall asleep talking to her on the phone. And yet, here he was now, reading screenplays after screenplays and looking at his phone.

Kyungsoo's mom began to feel bored for staring at his son, "I didn't know your hobby is staring at your phone. My gosh, I guess I don't know Do Kyungsoo, after all. I thought you didn't like that sns stuff. " she teased him.

Kyungsoo flickered his eyes at his phone as if waiting for something or someone. Then, he finally got the phone call he was waiting for. He immediately apologized to his mother and excused himself to go outside onto the patio and sat on the bench there.

He held his phone next to his ear. "Yeoboseyo, Do-hee ya, is she okay?"

"She's fine now. We drunk a bit and she'd been crying." Kyungsoo noticed Do-hee paused when she said that, then, he heard her sigh heavily over the phone, "But oppa... she misses you, will you not come just to check up on her yourself?"

Kyungsoo licked his lips as it started to dry. He was in shock to hear that she'd been crying. All this time, he thought she was okay. They've never texted each other after that as if that was the final straw between them. It ended harshly but for some reason, he felt that she wanted it to happen or atleast he'd been assuming that that's what she wanted: to break up with him because it was about to become chaotic. When he heard Do-hee tell him that she'd been crying, all he could picture is Jihyun crying by herself when he left quickly that night.

"Oppa? Are you still there?" Do-hee's voice sounded quieter this time, "Listen, I love my friend but I have things to do too and if this means that I have to check up on her for you all the time, then you should probably hire someone to do it or d...

"Oppa? Are you still there?" Do-hee's voice sounded quieter this time, "Listen, I love my friend but I have things to do too and if this means that I have to check up on her for you all the time, then you should probably hire someone to do it or do it yourself, oppa."

"Arraso~, mianhae. I'm just...it got cold all of a sudden." Kyungsoo rubbed the back of his neck,  "Can you stay there until tomorrow? I promise this is the only time I'll ask you to do this. I just needed to know how she was doing. Please look after her. I appreciate it."

As soon as he ended the call, all kinds of things started to run through his head. He can't stop thinking about her possibly crying by herself. Something tells him that he should be off to drive to her apartment to be there for her but he isn't sure if he is still wanted by her. Or if he was going to make matters worse. Or if she was in the process of trying to heal. Kyungsoo kept hearing Do-Hee's voice over the phone saying "She misses you." and it complicated everything he felt:

How could she miss me when she was the one that broke it off? Maybe she didn't mean it. Maybe she's drunk. I should go and see her.

"Kyungsoo, everything alright" His mom entered the patio.

Despite hearing his mom's voice, Kyungsoo fixed his eyes only at the night sky and said, "Omma, do you think it's possible for me and Jihyun to be happy?"

She placed her hand on his shoulder, "Anything is possible, my son. All it takes is a bit of patience and perseverance , and all will fall into place."

___________________

___________________

Author's note or whatev:

Hi guys! Omg I can't believe I'm about to hit 400 votes and 10,000 reads for this fic. Thank you thank you thank you guys so much for reading. I really appreciate it and it encourages me to keep going with this story :) Anyways here's another chapter with Kyungsoo's POV...of course Kyungsoo would check up on her right? hehe...For this story, I'm not sure whether or not I should make it into a long chaptered fic or just make another series :/ I'm still thinking about it because I have a lot more to write about for their story that will make things interesting.

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy this chapter and again, thank you so much. Don't forget to leave comments and votes(crossing my fingers on 400 votes!)