Chapter 19 | As stubborn as her owner

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I did" she assured him still with the foolish smile, or at least, what she would have considered foolish years ago. She could not look at herself but she did know what she was doing and she could only imagine how stupid she looked like. She hated to look like a stupid, foolish, little girl. Yet, that was what she was behaving like. She knew that. She hated it. However, she couldn't help it. "I hope you had one too"

"I did, My Lady" Oberyn coughed in order to get the attention of both of the young people he had in front of him. "My Prince, is there anything you need?"

"I need you to keep training instead of flirting with our guest" Daemon looked at his feet out of embarrassment. "Beating Ser Asher is quite easy. I want you to spar with me! Bring me a spar!"

Oberyn went towards their improvised field of battle with Daemon, attacking him before the boy had his chance to prepare himself. Lilia stood there, watching them as they went.

"The enemy won't wait for you to get ready!" Oberyn yelled as he tried to attack the boy, who managed to defend himself each time. Lilia had seen her brothers train with one another, between Robb, Jon and Bran, they would always fight Ser Rodrik or even each other. However, Lilia had never watched men spar with each other. Then, he hit the boy repeatedly, making Daemon fall to the ground. Lilia covered her mouth with her hands while watching him trying to stand up while avoiding the Red Viper's attempts at knocking him to the floor once again. "Fight hard, fight smart!"

They kept on sparing for what felt like hours, until Daemon fell to the ground, spitting blood on the floor. Lilia went towards the boy, who was laying on the floor, exhausted. However, as she was about to reach them, Ser Asher forbids her from going to the boy.

"Stand up and fight!" Oberyn screamed with authority. Lilia had never seen that side of the man, so strict.

"I can't!" Daemon said back while trying to stand up and failing miserably. Oberyn went closer to him, looking down at him.

"You won't be knighted until you learn not to give up," he said. "Until then, you'll be nothing but a squire like any other"

"Father!" a girl comes running to him, hugging him. Oberyn drops the spear and hugs back the girl. "I missed you"

"I missed you, Elia!" he said while looking at her in the eyes. "Let's go, I believe you have much to tell me"

"I do" they walked out of the field and Lilia headed there, kneeling next to Daemon who was still spitting blood. She handed him a bottle of water as he smiled at her.

"That's his fifth daughter, Elia. He named her after his dearest sister" Daemon explained, making Lilia slightly confused. How could he stand there like that after getting his ass kicked and after being humiliated by the man who he serves as a squire? "She's the most complicated one"

"How do you see him with the same eyes after what just happened?" Lilia asked out of shock. He looked at her in the eyes as he cleaned his wounds with a cloth she had fetched him previously.

"He means well and I believe that his training is fair to me" Lilia helped him stand up and they walked out of there with him supporting some of his weight on her shoulder. "You don't have to carry me around"

"You are hurt" she pointed out with concern in her words. He touched her hair and tucked a part of it behind her ear.

"I'm alright" he stated, starting to walk on his own, followed by a warry Lilia. "I'm just going to wash my wounds, and I'll be fine"

"See a Meistre, please!" Lilia begged him. He turned to face her and walked over to her. Lilia's heart started to race due to their proximity. Another stupidity she never thought she would believe in, yet there she was. His eyes went to her lips and soon, her breathing was also very irregular. It didn't matter how much she yelled at herself to control herself, she just seemed unable to do so. "What... what are you... doing?"

As he leaned in and Lilia became even more anxious, he kissed her forehead respectfully and walked away, leaving her there with her thoughts and stupid hopes about what could have taken place there.

"I'm so stupid and so foolish it pains me" she muttered to herself. 

So, I'm back with a new chapter!

I want to tell you that I'm very happy with the feedback you've given me until now and I'm very grateful for your faithful reading.

I want to apologize but I'll take some time to announce something that you guys might want to know. 

So, onto the selfpromo time (never thought I'd be doing this), if there are any Teen Wolf fans reading this, you might be interested on checking out my new fanfiction that will be up in a few hours.

Hope you've enjoyed this chapter and make sure, if you want to (DO IT jk) check out my other fanfic!

See you!