"Look, I've put up with a lot since I got here, but this-" Susan began, but was cut off.

"We thought you were the Witch" Peter cut in. Taking my hand in his, while his other held Lucy's.

"Yes, yes, I'm sorry about that, but-ah, In my defence, I have been driving one of these longer than the Witch"

"I thought there was no Christmas in Narnia" Susan said, walking forward.

"Not for a long time. But the hope that you have brought, Your Majesties, is finally starting to weaken the Witch's power. Still I dare say you could do with these" He said before turning around and grabbing a humungus bag out. He chuckled.

"Presents!" Lucy exclaimed excitedly, going over to "Father Christmas".

He took a glass bottle, filled with something red or orange, out and held it in front of Lucy.

"The juice of the fire-flower. One drop will cure any infury" He said before Lucy took it. "And though I hope you never have to use it..." He trailed off before handing her a dagger.

"Thank you, sir," Lucy said. "But I think I could be brave enough"

"I'm sure you could. But battles are ugly affairs" Lucy stepped back.

He then took a bow and a kit full of arrows out. "Susan" She stood forward. "Trust in this bow and it will not easily miss" He said,handing it over.

"What happened to 'battles are ugly affairs'?" Susan asked.

The man chuckled. "Though you don't seem to have a problem making yourself heard," He took out a horn. "blow on this and wherever you are, help will come" She took the horn while saying; "Thanks"

"Y/N" The man said, holding out a sword and dagger. "The dagger will only appear I the most deadly of times" He said, handing me the items. I stowed the dagger into my right boot and held onto the sword.

"Thank you"

"Peter" He said, holding out a much more beautiful sword and a shield. "The time to use these may be near at hand" Peter unseethed the sword, admiring it.

"Thank you, sir"

"These are tools, not toys. Bear them well and wisely" He said as Peter seethed the sword. "Now, I must be off. Winter is almost over, and things do pile up when you've been gone a hundred years" He said, putting the bag back. "Long live Aslan!" He said, getting I'm.  "And Merry Christmas!" And he set off. We all wished a merry Christmas and goodbye.

"Told you he was real" Lucy said cheekily.

"He said winter was almost over" Peter reminded. "You know what that means. No more ice"

~

The ice was breaking apart slowly as we neared the river, who was accompanied by a frozen waterfall. We stopped at the edge of a medium sized drop and stood in front of the river.

"We need to cross, now!" Peter shouted as he grabbed Lucy's hand.

"Don't Beavers make dams?" Lucy asked.