☾9

Sorry, I didn't kiss you but it's obvious I wanted to.

- - -

     Awsten sat on his bed, yawning and rubbing the sleep out of his mismatched eyes. The weather outside was gloomy–rain was softly hitting the roof and thunder boomed in the distance. Awsten sighed before grabbing his phone from the nightstand, checking for notifications (Besides the stans that would reply to him nonstop, either on Instagram or Twitter) from anyone. He got one from Travis, saying something about Awsten to a new podcast, another one from Jawn, and one from Y/n. He smiled as her name flashed upon his screen, his thumb immediately clicked on her message; that was sent thirty minutes ago.

messages                               9:30 pm
Y/n😔✊🏻
    Good morning, Awsten! I already told Benji that I wouldn't be coming today in the studio. The weather's crazy. Anyways, hope you have a great day and stay safe!

Awsten yawned again, pushing his feet to the edge of the bed and placing it down on the carpeted floor. He walked towards the door while he scratched his blue hair with one arm and the other typing a quick reply to her. He passed by his pets, patting Jet on the head as they followed him to the kitchen. After he pressed sent, he placed the gadget on the kitchen counter before he grabbed cat and dog food from the cupboards, pulling off the lid of Jet's food before placing it down on her little bowl. He did the same to his dogs, patting their heads as they chowed down on their dog food.

He heard his phone ring and his eyes landed on the screen that was lighting up with three new messages from Y/n.

messages                                 9:42 am
Y/n😔✊🏻
     You aren't coming too? Sweet! I guess I'm not the only lazy person in this boy band hahahaha. Anyways, Geoff said he would facetime me so he could show me the chords to some of the older songs, but he's not replying???

messages                               9:43 am
Y/n😔✊🏻
     I was wondering if you could show me the chords?

messages                              9:43 am
Y/n😔✊🏻
     But you could just send them here! I wouldn't mind!

Awsten smiled, knowing that he had anpther excuse to see her face. He accepted her offer, sending her a quick reply before he went on making his morning coffee. As he was waiting for the coffee to pour down from the coffee machine, the one Geoff got him as a birthday gift, his phone rang and her name came flashing on his screen. Without hesitation, he swiped and answered the call.

On the other side of the screen, she was sitting on a seat–Awsten assumed she was in her kitchen because of the porcelain table the phone was placed on–with a mug of steaming coffee between her hands. She waved her hand at him, gesturing her mug towards Awsten. "Well, good morning to you too," Awsten chuckled as the coffee was done pouring down. He took the coffee pot and poured down to his own mug, smiling at Y/n. "Hey, Aws. I hope I didn't wake you up." She apologized, taking a sip from her coffee.

"Oh, but you did!" Awsten fake-gasped, placing a hand on his heart as he striked another dramatic pose. "I was on my way to meet a woman–or man–who would save me from this miserable life." He cried, placing down his mug as he let out a long and exaggerated sigh. "How could you defy me meeting my love like that, Y/n? You were my favorite!" He playfully frowned and Y/n smiled widely at him. There was silence and staring between them, but then Y/n snorted and quickly covered her mouth–muffling out her laughter as well.

Awsten laughed as well, his heart warming at the sight of her with her eyes closed as she laughed adorably worked ways within him. As they both settled down, she cleared her throat and smiled again at Awsten, "I'm sorry, jeez, but I really hope I didn't," She said, pushing back some of hair behind her ear as Awsten took a sip from his coffee. "Nah, I was already up because of the thunder anyways." He said, walking out of camera frame for a second and then returning back with HEB Orange Juice within his grasp.

"The weather's fucking crazy," Y/n said, looking out of her kitchen window to see rain still heavily pouring outside. Soft sound of rain hitting the roof and windows were audible to the both of them as they both sat in silent. Awsten poured the orange juice into a glass and his eyes, somehow, managed to land on her relaxed state. She was still looking at the window, her hair was still messy–but she looked gorgeous–and her pajamas looked adorable on her. Awsten set the orange juice to the side and continued to admire her.

"Awsten?" He was pulled away from his thoughts as Y/n called him out. He blinked and looked away, not wanting for her to see the blush spread across his cheeks. "Y-yeah?" He said, recovering from it. She smiled, "I'd like to learn Royal."

"Lorde?"

"No, dummy!" She threw her head back in laughter–Awsten's chest tightened because of this. "Like, your Royal," "I know I am. I'm a fucking queen." Awsten chuckled and she laughed again, shaking her head. Awsten then discussed about the chords and strumming used, they talked for a while about the song until they began talking about random things. About how Awsten met Mikey Way and his idol since he was fifteen. Y/n, of course, listened intently as the boy ranted on and on about things he normally boasted about.

They were so caught up in talking that the storm has passed and everything was bright outside.

"Hey, dream boy. I better start doing productive things. Talk to you later. Bye!" She said, waving at Awsten. Awsten waved back and ended the call. What she called him sent a spark within his heart, flaring throughout his entire body.

"Dream boy." He muttered, opening the "Notes" app in his phone.