Playing with Fire

Beat the Meat aired early this November after the first season,  Beat the Heat was a sell out. The producers changed the name of the show because they had tweaked the show a bit- with the chosen competitor facing against the Master Chef Gordon Ramsay himself to see who can cook the best meat oriented meal for the judges. Gordon Ramsay is not stranger to hosting cooking shows,so when the opportunity for a new show came up, the chef took the available position as opposing chef before any other chef could- surprisingly before Bobby Flay!

    The episode you had been invited to prove your worthiness in was in the middle of the season, and you had been practicing your searing skills since you had received the invitation. The problem with the show, that you had noticed is that it was all about meat- and you're vegan! You are unable to try your meals and rely on others to taste them for you but who knows if they're lying about your cooking being delicious. Deep down you know that your cooking is good, or even great but was it even comparable to your role model's fine dining? Will you be able to trust yourself and stick to your morals during this competition or will you collapse under the heat of Chef Ramsay.

    _____________________________________________________________________________

       You arrived at the studio earlier than most of the people but not earlier than Gordon Ramsay. You found him outside, smoking a cigarillo without any care. Did you dare approach him already and join him for a smoke although you don't smoke, or should you just leave him alone. 

'Play it cool', you thought to yourself.

You shuffled your bag on your shoulder and made your way to the door. Before you could open the door enough for yourself, you're stopped with the melodic voice.

"You're the chef tonight,huh, care for a chat?" Such a sweet tone for a man who would without hesitation curse out your whole family line for overcooking a steak. You couldn't turn this opportunity down, so you released the door's knob as Gordon watched your grip, and stood by him. 

"Yeah, i'll be the one running you for your title tonight" You said in a joking way. It took Gordon a moment to understand the context before he gave you a light-hearted smile alongside a chuckle.  You noticed that the man was still puffing away and eyed his cigarillo.

"Care for one?" Gordon offered, reaching slowly to his jacket pocket as he looked at you. You knew you'd never be able to actually inhale the stuff properly but you could try your best and take up your role model's offer. You responded with a simple nod and soon enough you were trying your best not to choke in front of the renown chef.

"Tell me about yourself, (reader)... that's your name right?" Gordon asked, with you giving an instant nod. Where would you start? Would you go with telling him that you've dreamed of this moment since forever. Would you instead tell the chef about being from a normal family and one day just deciding you wanted to cook. Play it cool, play it safe you reminded yourself.

"Well where do I start..."

                                                                                            ...

How long had it even been since your conversation started, you could not tell. Gordon and yourself were so deep in the conversation that you hadn't realized that the competition was soon to begin. When Gordon finally looked down at his BREITLING AEROMARINE CHRONO AVENGER M1 TITANIUM WATCH and stated the time. You blush, thinking you had kept the chef from getting prepared for the show tonight but he does not let you know if you had or not- especially not in his eyes, which gazed at you as if you were a prime cut. 

"You know, I prefer my meat lean," Gordon nonchalantly as he eyes you quickly before heading inside the studio. You stood where you were, not following along. You watched the man leave, and wondered to yourself if that were a comment about actual meat or about yourself. You snapped out of your daze and shrugged the comment off, and with a deep breath you made your way into the studio and headed to the star changing rooms.