We reach a close grouping of trees, when she pulls out two daggers from her back.

"Mom." I look at her with huge eyes and astonishment going through my face along with fear that's never went away.

"Another group of people will come. It may only be one or four but once they get there ask, 'Ignis Eligere', If they give a nod say, ' Custodia. Flamma. Cell.', Remember that baby and let them see your ring.

I give her a slow nod while I repeat all the strange words over and over in my head.

"Then what?" I chock out.

She gives me a sad look, "All will be as it is meant to be."

"What?" I say even more dumb founded than before.

"Come out come out." A man's harsh voice rings out through the trees.

I think my heart stopped for a second.

Frightened blue eyes snap on me," Run Basil Baby run. Do what I told you."

I just stare at her not moving. This isn't real.

Shaking my shoulders she says fiercely," Run Ba." She pushes me behind her when a tall bulky man steps through the trees. "RUN!"

Heart pounding, tears streaming down my face, I take off running through the dark dense forest. Doing as she told me and trying not to panic to much.

I ver around trees and jump over stumps, my legs and arms getting scratched as I try to avoid tree limbs and fail. I'm almost there when I trip over something and fall flat on my face. Wonderful.

A groan slips out as I move. Trying to set up. My shoulder and cheek hurt other than that I'm fine. I go to get up when some one skids to a stop beside me. I try to move backwards as a scream flies from my lips.

"Shhh. It's me."

Mom. She helps me off of the damp forest floor and starts dragging me behind her once more.

The trees start to then out letting the pale glow of the moon to shine down. My eyes widen as I get a good look at mom.

It looks like she's been in a fight with a tree. Leaves are in her hair. Her face and arms are sporting thin bloody scratches. She looks awful.

"Are you alright?" I ask breathlessly.

She gives me a nod as we splash through a small stream. The cold water floods my shoes, sending cold bumps all over my body.

We're close now, just beyond the cluster of trees and boulders is the meadow.

I start threading my way through the boulders when I'm hit by a powerful gust of wind. It sends me flying backwards, hitting one of the larger rocks. I slid down the rock, hitting the ground. Pain slashes through my body as I try to suck in air. I feel blood running down my neck. My pulse beats loud in my ears.

Gods, I'm sick of falling.

When I'm no longer gasping for air I sit up and see mom crouched down in front of me in a fighting stance. The mysterious daggers at her sides. Her head snapping in every direction, looking for a threat.

"You ok?"

"Yeah. What was that?" I ask still tiring to catch my breath.

"Listen. When I say go. You run." She doesn't answer my question, which I should of expected by now.

I think we've both have lost are minds this night.

"Basil." Mom snaps at me. While I'm wondering if this is just a nightmare and hopefully I'll wake up soon.

I shake my head no. "I'm not leaving you."

"Ill be right behind you. Promise."

I ran earlier when she told me to, but something right now is telling my gut if I run again with out mom, it'll be the last time I see her. But I'm scared beyond words and she's never broke a promise to me before. I'm trusting her not to break this one.

"You better be." I whisper out.

She gives me a nod and a small smile. I don't think shell be right behind me. Something in my gut and her eyes are telling me another story.

"I love you."

Sadness forms in her eyes, "I love you too baby always remember that."

I nod as tears start to fall again. Gods it sounds like she saying goodbye, a forever goodbye.

Hearing the snapping of twigs off to the right, my head snaps that way and I squint my pale blue eyes in the darkness tiring to see.

A different man steps out in front of us, at least I think he's different. He's too faraway to tell. He doesn't get to say anything as a blue flame bursts from mom's hands and hits him in his wide chest.

"What-"

"Go!" Mom's scream cuts off my words.

"You promise." I say before I take off once more with tears in my face. I start my trek through and around the boulders, while a battle is raging on behind me.

Yep. This is a nightmare. People don't throw flames from their hands. Just do as mom says and eventually you'll wake up.

At least that's what I'm going to keep telling my self.

It feels like forever but I finally break through the boulders and trees into the meadow.

It's huge with tall light green grass that comes up to my knees and flowers of every color litter through it. I pause to catch my breath only to take off again on shaky legs when I hear screams coming from behind me.

I reach the giant oak out of breath and tired I don't pause though. I slam the necklace right in the middle of the tree trunk. A bright light shines from within the oak and I move backwards away from it. The light gets brighter and brighter till I half to shut my eyes. All of a sudden in baths me in its hot rays. A electric shock cover me from head to toe along with burning heat. I don't know what's going on, as my body feels like it's collapsing in on its self and I can no longer breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¿¿¿~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for taking the time to read. I hope you enjoyed Chapter One as much as I did writing it.

New parts will be posted after comment (s). I would gladly give a smile to votes and shares. Once again thank you :)