Chapter twenty-nine: You've got a lot of explaing to do

Start from the beginning

"Peter? What's up?" He asks as I hop on the train.

"Well I have a problem with going out tonight." I say hoping he'll catch on.

"You mean with patrolling?" He asks.

"Yeah, and I need my guy in the chair." I say and I swear I hear him squeal.

"This is so awesome. Okay is what's the problem?" He asks.

"Okay so you know my boss?" I ask, trying to talk discreetly so the others on the train don't know what I'm talking about.

"Are you talking about Tony? I wouldn't hardly call him your boss. I mean he technically is-" He starts to ramble but I cut him off.

"Ned, yes, him. And I'm on the metro, you know, in public." I say back.

"Oooo, yeah okay I get it now. So what about Tony?"

"So you know that guy that he's not so close with?" I ask hoping he understands.

"Um? Oh! Captain America?"

"Yes, yes him. He's kinda looking for me."

"Oh, oh wow. Wait, which you. The original you or your second identity?" He asks.

"The second choice."

"Oh wow, yeah that is a predicament. You can tell me the deets later. I presume you're coming here right now?"

"Yeah, actually I just got at my stop. I'll be there in five. Bye Ned." I say.

"See you." He says before the line ends.

I jog to his place and head inside, luckily his parents aren't home. We get settled down in his room. I tell him what's going on so he's all caught up.

"Ok, so how can I help?" He ask getting out his laptop.

"Well luckily Tony put a tracker in Cap's shield before Cap took it back. So all you gotta do is watch where both of us are and tell me if he's close." I say. I know I could have Karen do it but it's more fun this way.

"Karen? Could you put me through with Friday please?" I ask and Friday answers.

"What is it that you need Mr. Parker?" Friday asks.

"Do I have access to the tracker in Captain's shield?" I ask.

"Yes, would you like me to send it to Karen?" Fri asks.

"Yes please, and tell Tony that Cap's out looking for me tonight, but tell him not to engage yet." I say as she does so.

"Hello Peter, I now have the location on Captain America." Karen says.

"Send that and my location to Ned Leeds please." I say as she does so.

I look over and see it pop up on Ned's computer.

"Awesome." Is all he says as I chuckle.

"Alright, I'm gonna go." I say as I tap my wrists making my suit form around me. I could have waited but it was great to see Ned's face.

I hop out of his window, making sure that I'm not seen, and make my way to town.

"Alright Ned, can you hear me?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm here." He says back.

"First where's the crime and second where's Cap?" I ask.

"Cap is on the other side of town so your good there, but there is a robbery two streets down, on 23rd street." He says and I immediately head that way.