Chapter 1: 13 Privet Drive

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN ANY ORIGINAL CHARACTERS. THEY BELONG TO JK ROWLING. I ONLY OWN MY OC's.

An elderly man with quite the strange appearance was walking calmly down the road.

He was tall, thin, and had a long silver hair and beard which both grew to his waist. He wore long flowing robes, a purple cloak, and high-heeled, buckle boots. His eyes were a calming light blue, which sparkled behind half-moon glasses. His nose was long and crooked, as if it were broken in two places. This was Albus Dumbledore.

He suddenly stopped and looked around and when he confirmed nobody was there he started to rummage in his cloak. Dumbledore felt as if he was being watched as he looked up suddenly at a cat who sat at the other end of the street, staring. Dumbledore chuckled and mumbled, "I should have known."

He finally found what he was looking for as he pulled out what seemed to be a cigarette lighter. He uncapped it, held it up, and pushed down on a tiny button but instead of a fire igniting, the top opened up and one of the lamps illuminating the sidewalk went out. He did this again and again until the only light was from the device he held in his hands.

He closed the device and pocketed it, walking toward the cat and sat next to it.

The man chuckled and said quietly, "Hello, Professor McGonagall." the cat meowed in disappointment and it was suddenly replaced by a woman with emerald green robes and matching pointy hat. She had rectangle shaped glasses and brown hair with gray streaks that was in a tight bun.

"Hello, Albus," she said, briskly. Dumbledore started to walk and McGonagall walked beside him.

"Would you like a lemon drop?" Dumbledore asked.

"A what?"

"It's a muggle sweet that I'm quite fond of."

"Erm- no. No thank you." Dumbledore shrugged and placed the sweet in his mouth.

"Are the rumors true, Albus? About Lily and James?"

"It depends on what they say, Minerva,"

"Well, the rumors are that You-Know-Who came to the Potter's house and killed them but he couldn't kill the children. After all he's done he couldn't kill the little girl that they took in and their own boy. After that he just disappeared,"

Dumbledore let out a sigh, "The rumors are true,"

Professor McGonagall drew in a gasp and started to cry, "I hoped you would say no. I couldn't believe the rumors when I heard them, Lily and James, gone. I just couldn't believe them," She pulled out a handkerchief and dabbed at her eyes. Dumbledore patted her shoulder comfortingly.

When she finally stopped she asked, "And the children?"

"Hagrid is bringing them,"

"Hagrid!? You would trust him with something as important as this?"

"I would trust him with my life, Minerva," he said with a smile as he looked down at his watch, "Though he is running a little late,"

As soon as Dumbledore said this however, the rev of a motorcycle was heard behind them. The pair looked behind them to see a huge motorcycle break through the clouds and land in front of them.

If the motorcycle was huge, the man could've been considered a giant, he was twice as tall as the normal man and at least five times as wide. He had wild bushy black hair that reach his mid upper arm, and a beard that covered most of his face. His hands were the size of steering wheels and in them, he held two bundles of blankets.

"I trust there were no problems, Hagrid?" Dumbledore said, sounding relieved.

"No, sir. The little boy fell asleep over Bristol and the little girl is still awake, but just barely."

"Where did you get the motorcycle, Hagrid?" Professor McGonagall asked.

"Sirius Black lent it to me, ma'am," he said, while leaning down so Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall could look inside the blankets.

In them were tiny infants. A baby boy, and a baby girl. The boy had a mess of black hair and on his forehead they could see a cut, shaped like a bolt of lightning. The girl had an identical cut, on her right temple.

"Is-Is that where—?" Professor McGonagall breathed.

"Yes," Dumbledore said. "They'll have those scars for as long as they live."

"But Dumbledore, couldn't you do something about it?"

"No, and even if i had the ability to, I wouldn't. Scars can come in handy. In fact I have one above my left knee that is a perfect map of the London Underground. Well then, give them here, Hagrid. I think we're dragged this out long enough."

Hagrid nodded shakily as he bent his head down and gave each of the infants what must of been a very scratchy kiss. The girl let out a small whine of protest.

Hagrid clamped his lips to fight the urge of wailing as he handed the boy carefully to Dumbledore.

Dumbledore took the infant into his arms and turned toward house number 13, where Harry's only living relatives resided.

Hagrid stuffed his face into a spotted handkerchief as he let out a very loud howl. Professor McGonagall shushed him, "Hagrid quiet down! You'll wake the muggles!" Hagrid nodded as wiped his nose hastily, Professor McGonagall patted him on the arm as Dumbledore walked to the front door of the Dursley's. He placed Harry gently onto the doorstep, took a letter out of his cloak, tucked it into Harry's blankets, and went back to the other two.

For a whole minute, the three stood and looked at the blankets before Dumbledore let out a quiet sigh and turned to Hagrid again.

"And now for the girl." He held out his hands for the second infant.

"Dumbledore?" Professor McGonagall cleared her throat before continuing, "Where will we leave her?"

"She has no family we can trust, and I believe it would be better if the two grew up together. It seems cruel to separate them."

"What?! What about-"

"Please, Minerva. Trust me on this,"

"....Dumbledore. I trust you."

"Thank you " They walked to the orphanage that was only a few blocks down and placed her on the porch.

"Are you completely sure about this, Dumbledore?"

"...I have my doubts, but I believe that in the end," He took out another letter and tucked it into the folds of the blanket. "Everything will be fine."

Professor McGonagall shook away the uneasy feeling she had, "We should go. Sunrise is near," She pointed out.

"Yes," he said, saying his goodbyes to the two and started to walk off before stopping at the end of the Privet Drive. He rummaged in his pocket for a few seconds, before pulling out the same contraption he had at the beginning, opening it, and letting all the beams of light go back to the street lamps.

He tilted his head up and closed as his eyes, "Good luck children."

He lowered his head, "The Pair Who Lived," he mused, before he turned on his heel, and the sun was barely peeking over the horizon, he was gone.

And there lay the children, Harry turned in his blanket, one tiny hand clutching the letter. Callista was still awake, her eyes scanning the sky, which was a mess of stars and sun. Eventually, she gave a little yawn, closed her eyes and turned in her blankets, falling asleep.

The two children lay asleep. Not knowing that they were famous, not knowing that they were being written down in history books, not knowing that everywhere, wizard and witches were gathering in secret and raising their glasses, toasting, "To Harry Potter and Callista! The Pair Who Lived!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And with that! The first chapter has been rewritten. When will the next chapter come out? Who knows, I'll try to get it out as soon as possible. Anyways, if you see any spelling mistakes, please correct them, and that's all I really have to say. Bye bye! <3

~Vic

1340 words