Payton honest didn't want to hear what consequences they had in place for her, so she first resorted to plugging her headphones in, but got her phone taken away once again by Beylan.  Her last resort was coming into the room with Jhenea and it seemed to work.

"Your attitude has been really stinky lately," Jhenea shames Payton.

Payton scoffed. "Have you smelled yours as of lately?" She asked Jhenea resulting in both of them laughing.

"I have an excuse," Jhenea responded while placing her hand on her now small rounded stomach. "What's yours?"

"You want me to be honest?" Payton sighed out as she rotated from her back, to her side so she could face Jhenea.

Jhenea realized that Payton had gotten serious, so she nodded her head, ready to talk things out. "Not to sound selfish or anything, but I'm starting to feel overlooked. My dad has all this stuff going on, then so does my mom, and I'm just stuck in the middle. I thought once my dad came back home they were going to embrace our relationship a bit better, but they didn't. They still treats me like eight your old Payton who's okay with anything that they decide and who's okay with not having a say in my life,"

Payton wasn't trying to discredit her parents, because she felt like they did a damn good job raising her. Since they were incredibly young when they had her, she knew they had done they best they could. However, sometimes she wished that there could be a little bit more effort, on both parts. They were so invested in living their lives separate from each other, not realizing that sometimes Payton wanted to spend time with them both at the same time.

Since she could remember, the longest conversation her parents held were always ten minutes long and always comprised of how she was doing. Fourteen, going on fifteen, Payton understood the whole coparenting thing, but it was just so draining. All she wanted was there to be a sense of comfort and normality between them both. Everything felt so structured and censored. If she was at her mom's for the week, then she couldn't mention her father, and if she was at her dad's for the week, then she couldn't mention her mother. They were making their differences with each other more obvious then they thought.

Jhenea took in a deep breath. She and Payton had deep talks before, but this one was different. Jhenea usually took the backseat when it came to how Beylan and Anthony chose to raise Payton. She wasn't her child, so her input wouldn't amount to anything. It always saddened Jhenea when Payton came to confide in her about things that she couldn't get through to her parents.

"Why don't you sit both of them down and tell them this Pay?" Jhenea suggested.

Payton rolled her eyes at the though of getting her parents into a room long enough to hear her tell them what had been bothering her. "How about you try and tell me how it goes?" She chuckled.

Jhenea let out a sigh. She was about to respond, but another knock sounded off on the door. "Who is it?" Both Payton and Jhenea called out.

"It's me," They both rolled their eyes at the sound of Anthony. "Payso, Beylan heading out, she's waiting on you," He informed her.

Payton sat up and slowly got out of the bed. "Welp, that's my cue. Catch you next week grumpy," She leaned down and hugged Jhenea.

"Bye, and still try talking to them both,"

"Got it," With that, Payton exited the room leaving Jhenea alone.