Arrestment

(A/N: Music is played the entire chapter.)

I remember the last kill before I got arrested. As you may have guessed, it was a politician. I hate politics but that wasn't my motive for the killing. I was shopping at the mall, I have job as a bartender when I'm not killing. I get paid for both jobs. When I get paid for killing is when I do it for others. So, I was shopping and I saw him abusing his wife. He thought they wouldn't be seen if they were in a more secluded area of the mall, he was wrong. I saw him talking angrily at her and slapping her. What set me off the most is that she looked very scared, whatever it was wasn't her fault. Abuse is wrong!

That night, I knew where he lived so I snuck in his house undetected, stupid enough not to put an alarm or a doorbell camera whatever. One of the extra pillows for his bed were in a rocking chair.  I took one, the quietest, quickest, and easiest way to kill was suffocation. I smothered him in his sleep. Luckily, I had rubber gloves on so fingerprint evidence would be impossible. I went to his bathroom and found a medicine cabinet. There was a small bottle of sleeping pills. I took them, went back to the bedroom. I rubbed his index and thumb on it so it looked like he killed himself with the pills. I sat the bottle on the nightstand and left.

The next morning, while I made breakfast, I saw on the news that very politician committed suicide. Yep, I'm a smart criminal. I just turned the TV off.

I went outside in my jogging outfit which consisted of a white tank and jeans. I jogged until I got to a convenience store to get me a water or a Gatorade or something to quench my thirst. As soon as I got to the cash register, I paid for my stuff. I saw a man in a suit walk behind me. I shot him a smile to be friendly, he did the same to me. After I walked out, he stopped me.

"Excuse me ma'am, Agent Ressler, FBI, you match the description of a serial killer we're trying to catch, uh...Cynthia Roberts. You match the description of Miss. Roberts. You mind if I see some ID?"

"Yes sir."

I got out my driver's license and gave it to him.

"Miss. Roberts, at least you're an honest criminal, you're under arrest for multiple counts of murder in the first degree."

I was taken in handcuffs.