He comes to the conclusion that they were made with a quirk.

Looking at them pisses him off.

"You're doing so good, honey, you're such a good boy." He says as Katsuki starts to whimper and tear up. He knows it hurts but this is the only way they can make sure that they aren't becoming infected. He refused to let recovery girl treat him and when the other doctors entered the room to try make him sit still, all hell broke loose. They had to get several police units and fire trucks just to put the fires out and keep citizens away.

Luckily for Shouto, expenses didn't come out of his wallet. Katsuki practically begged them to stay away and they didn't. The city took the fault for this one.

Forest green orbs linger on Katsuki's thighs where darkened, finger shaped bruises had burned themselves into his once unmarred skin. The implications of it are haunting.

Katsuki seems to catch his gaze. He shifts uncomfortably for what's probably the twentieth time that night and closes his legs, so Izuku clears his throat and asks him to turn around.

"I need to see your back, baby. I promise I'll be as gentle as possile."

Reluctantly, Katsuki complies.

The ones on his back are twice as bad.

There's another hand shaped bruise around the back of his neck and the ones scattered across his broad back and shoulders look like an attempt at bloody murder, like they were trying to punch right through him. Izuku's breath hitches and with shaky hands, he begins to examine them.

None of them seem to be getting infected, but Izuku notices something strange.

An odd pattern of bruises below the band of his underwear.

Silently, he waves Shouto and Eijirou over to point them out and they both seem just as alarmed but they don't want to just pull them down lest they risk another catastrophic meltdown.

"Kacchan?"

He turns around to face Izuku again and it's obvious that his three caretakers are wearing their emotions on their faces or else he wouldn't look so put off and terrified.

"No, it's okay honey. It's just---are there...any more bruises that you didn't tell me or daddy about?"

Katsuki looks confused at first, like Izuku would know more than he would since he's been the one checking them. Izuku takes a deep breath to steel himself.

"What I'm asking is...well...have you been hurt down in your little prince parts?"

Katsuki still doesn't respond. Several different emotions flip through his features and suddenly he begins to remind Izuku of a trapped rabbit. He quickly shushes him and gently pets his hair.

"Hey, no, it's okay. It's okay, baby, you're not in any trouble. We need to know if someone hurt you so we can make sure you don't get sick, that's all. I need you to tell me the truth, baby. Did someone touch you there?"

And just like that, Katsuki crumbles with a horrific sob.

His entire body trembles as he nods and Izuku's blood pressure spikes, heart beating so fast he's worried it might give out on him.

There's literal steam coming out of Shouto's ears but to his credit he doesn't combust right then and there.

"Can we see, sweetie?"

Katsuki shakes his head with fervor.

"H-Hurt!"

"I know, baby, I know. We can help make it better, you just have to show us. Pretty please?"