⟨⟨Part 2⟩⟩

I woke up in a plain looking room, the only thing interesting was the red door in front of me. My head throbbed. 'Huh, what the fuck happened? Why does my head hurt?' I tried to lift my arm but I wasn't able too. I realized that my hands and feet were tied to the chair I was sitting on. Suddenly, a voice echoed throughout the room.

"Hello, David. You-"

I cut the voice off, "How do you know my name?!" I screamed. To say I was scared was an understatement. I was terrified, remembering the events that happened last night.

"Can you not interrupt me?! I was going to tell you some important information! I guess I won't tell you now!" The voice pouted.

"You're like a little kid!" I laughed and then continued, "Hey! Answer my question! I won't interrupt you anymore, ok? I just want to get out, please. I'll do anything!" I shout, hoping that they would answer.

"First of all, I'm older than you! If anyone is a kid, it's you! Now, to answer your question... I know everything about you, David. I know everything about your friends. I know everything that is going to happen. You can call me Ex. I'll be keeping you here for a while. I just want to play a few games with you. That's... If you survive them."

I sat there horrified. I had to "play a few games" in order to get out? I have to call for help. But, how? I can't move. All I can do is yell. Maybe, if I yell loud enough-

"Don't even try yelling. It won't work. The room is soundproof. Nobody can hear you except for me."

I sighed. I'm doomed, aren't I?  I tried to break free when the door opened. A hooded figure walked in with a syringe. "What are you going to do to me?! Don't come any closer?!" I struggled.

"Calm the fuck down! It's not gonna hurt! I just thought I would be nice and you to sleep while we prepare the game. You've been asleep for a while and I thought it might be hard for you. It's either that or you stay awake for the excruciatingly long twelve hours with nothing to do but let your mind panic and slowly kill you... So, I would advise that you do what I say. I can kill you, you know."

"I think I would rather stay awake!" I shouted in panic.

"Fine..."

With that, the hooded figure left and the room went silent. "So, why do I have to play this game? Also, what's the game?"

"Did I not say it earlier, dumbass?  It's for my entertainment. You're going to have to escape a room in under forty-five minutes. But, the trick is that you have to solve multiple puzzles in order to do so! Also, you get a prize if you make it out alive."

My face lit up, "What's the prize? Do I get out of this hell hole?"

Ex laughed, "No, but, you'll be able to send one small letter to your friends or family." Ex whispered the next part, "Under my supervision, of course. We can't have you trying to tell them about me or where you are."

.

.

.

The twelve hours were long and boring but, I think it was the right decision to just stay awake for it. The hooded figure then walked in with a blindfold and put my hands in handcuffs before untying the ropes that binded my hands to the chair. They then led me to the room and took off the blindfold. The door closed abruptly behind me.

"David, you have forty-five minutes to find a way out of those handcuffs and out of the room in general. You get three hints and for every wrong passcode you enter for the door will result in punishment."

I turn towards the door to see that I did indeed have to put a passcode in. Oh god, I'm definitely going to die.

"Your time starts now. Good luck."